• Advertisement

In case you missed it, The rubicon has been crossed

Post general discussions here
peppercorn

Re: In case you missed it, The rubicon has been crossed

Postby peppercorn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 am

Odin Gray wrote:Nice peppercorn/Antsy dialogue!

Question is, How do you prep for this?

Actually there is a lot you can do, I will have to type up my thoughts on that later though, im pressed for time right now.

I stumbled across this article today, A little long winded , but gives a idea of the blow back happening to the US dollar as the US tries economic force on nations that don't comply.
http://www.greanvillepost.com/2017/08/1 ... istocracy/

Its not just North Korea the US is looking to pick a fight with, armor/equipment is still pouring into the Baltic states, And I even read that Trump said he was thinking of using military force against Venezuela of all places, and its looking like the last sanctions he hit Iran with may cause, more like force them, to void the agreement against nuclear development made last year, thus giving Trump the pretext for military action there as well. Think this isn't being observed by North Korea.
This is a empire jumping the guard rails so to speak, the top is wobbling side to side. Unfinished pyrrhic wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and looking for more, its the only thing there is room in the budget for !
I wonder if South Korea isn't starting to think it should ally its self with China instead of the USA, it might prove safer for its citizens if it did so. Merica may protect it to death the way things are going.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Odin Gray
Canada

Postby Odin Gray » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for the link to the Eric Zeusse analysis. Zeusse tends to oversimplify issues in his articles but they are always interesting reads.

I have no doubt that we are witnessing the death throes of the ,Merkin empire but it still begs the question: How do we, as Canadians, prepare for this?

Can the Canadian economy survive in a post-Merka world?
What might the typical day look like for the working man?
Will there be a "working man" if jobs are non-existent and taxed at 65-70% by gov,t to pay for entitlement programs?
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 pm

So it seems then that preparedness involves not being a working man, at least not working for someone else. Find land somewhere and homestead. I suppose they can tax the lettuce you grow and the eggs you get, but that it's not what the government wants, they are only interested in cold hard cash, so if you have. So if you have none, they have none to take.

That is frankly what I see as the only way to be "prepared" against such a fall.
0 x

Odin Gray
Canada

Postby Odin Gray » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Being self-employed, self-sufficient, and debt free sounds like the prep "tip of the day". That is a tall order.
0 x

DJPrepper
Canada

Postby DJPrepper » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Odin Gray wrote:Being self-employed, self-sufficient, and debt free sounds like the prep "tip of the day". That is a tall order.

It is a tall order for most, but something that can be worked on particularly to remove debt first, that is something everyone can work on although extending that to fully clearing a mortgage is a real LT goal

Without debt it may be possible to save towards buying some land that could become a BOL, and that could - over time - lead to self sufficiency at least as a back up.

This will take time & discipline.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:50 am

I didn't think we would see this, this soon.....but it looks like its happening, its not always easy to switch educational schools let alone to other countries http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/interna ... -1.4268786
hmmmm things are developing faster than I thought. Trump has been a wonderful catalyst, That nation is increasingly being looked at internationally now and I think the conclusions arnt good.

I like humour when its well done, 3 minutes long, work safe....and appropriate for a post about education..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDYhQ4UAnA

I wonder how long it will be before Merica goes back to the Humours theory of medicine, because no one can understand the germ theory coming from a charter school.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:06 pm

and while merica tweats, twiters and twirks.....China demonstrates asymmetrical warfare

https://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Commodi ... =NARAN1507

a interesting side observation is that the article states that this has been advanced by a year from when they planed on rolling it out.....kinda leads me to believe that the demand must be great,really great, remember just last month Russia announced they would not be using the US dollar as a settling currency. Now I see how they can do it, and how others will follow.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-aims- ... 08762.html
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Isn't it odd though, that a couple hurricanes come along and everyone forgets about nukes falling from the skies?
Kim Jong what's his name must be cursing mother nature right now because America just isn't paying attention to him right now.
0 x

DJPrepper
Canada

Postby DJPrepper » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 pm

peppercorn wrote:I didn't think we would see this, this soon.....but it looks like its happening, its not always easy to switch educational schools let alone to other countries http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/interna ... -1.4268786

I presume this was written before the addition of DACA Dreamers ?
0 x

DJPrepper
Canada

Postby DJPrepper » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 pm

Denob wrote:Isn't it odd though, that a couple hurricanes come along and everyone forgets about nukes falling from the skies?
Kim Jong what's his name must be cursing mother nature right now because America just isn't paying attention to him right now.

A missile launch or two will no doubt fix that.
0 x

Return to “General Discussions”