• Advertisement

Remembering Sept. 11, 2001

Post general discussions here
PrepHer
Canada

Remembering Sept. 11, 2001

Postby PrepHer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Sept. 11, 2001 - terrorists attack the twin towers of World Trade Center in New York city and the Pentagon; and attempt another attack in Washington.
This is why many of us are here on this forum.

I was getting firewood that day and heard it on the truck radio. Shocking.
Where were you?
0 x

peppercorn

Re: Remembering Sept. 11, 2001

Postby peppercorn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:45 am

I had just pulled into Wayward Steel fab yard. Didn't need ear plugs when I walked in the shop cause no body was doing any work.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Clarence
Canada

Postby Clarence » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:12 am

Working from home. Listened to news a bit and went to grocery store and filled buggy with more meat, then picked up kids in school and back home.
Sad day. My preps were all in place. As a security consultant... I had just gone through Y2k preparations in high end businesse and gov projects so acutely aware of status. Plus I had lived through ice storm and no power beside my gen for thirteen days.
911 was a good wake up call and there have been many others, but people simply do not seem to care all that much
0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 am

I was at work, coming back from a getting a coffee when some coworkers told me. We collectively spent the next few days trying to account for company employees ..3 were on planes that were hijacked, and were all killed, one along with his young son :( - as well as supplying replacement routers to Manhattan. I was with Nortel at the time, and this made me reassess whether I really wanted my waking hours to help line pockets of greedy corrupt individuals, or do something different. So I went into public service with an eye to combatting terrorism. I had lived through the big tornado that hit Edmonton, as well as various emergencies abroad (my dad lived overseas in not-so-stable countries), but this was a wake-up call that things could go massively wrong closer to home..
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

term0shad
Canada

Postby term0shad » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 am

Personally i wouldn't call it a terrorist attack. My point of view on what i have seen on it all is inside job. But won't point out why. Info all online. But i was in the middle of the bush working. Didn't find out till i was in cell range and then spent hrs trying to get a hold of my brother that work off and on in those building's.
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 pm

I was in Iqaluit (Nunavut) having coffee before heading north. When the towers came down (as if subjected to a controlled explosion), I couldn't believe that this was caused by the air crash(s). It only left me with more questions (especially when the third building came down which wasn't subjected to a direct hit). I agree with termOshad, the destruction defied the laws of Physics. It doesn't pass the litmus test imo.

In any event, this was a tragedy. I knew that this event changed many people's perception. Regardless if the cause was internal conspiracy, or an act of terrorism, the result is the same. Disaster can happen anywhere and at any time. All we can do is prepare ourselves as best as we can; keeping in-mind that the outcome will likely present us with something different than what we now envision...
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 pm

I was finishing my pilot licence at the time, I was grounded for a little over a week before life could return to normal (ish).

I don't want to derail the post, but wonder how people think that someone - a group of people - would rig explosives to buildings, unnoticed and would carry on, without saying a word, as the world lost all sorts of civil liberties since.
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:25 pm

0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 pm

helicopilot wrote:I don't want to derail the post, but wonder how people think that someone - a group of people - would rig explosives to buildings, unnoticed and would carry on, without saying a word, as the world lost all sorts of civil liberties since.

The New York Port Authority planned to use 5,000 tons of asbestos in the building of the twin towers. This was used for fireproofing. They finally decided on a product called Blade-Shield which was 20% asbestos. Before the buildings were completed they passed a regulation prohibiting the use of asbestos in new construction. Twenty years later the buildings were long past removing the asbestos from the structure.

Because of the danger of asbestos dust, the N.Y. building cods required any remodeling work be preceded by removing the asbestos. In 1991, the twin towers were out-of-date. The government filed suit against its insurers. The case, Port Authority of NY vs. Affiliated FM Insurance Co., sought between 500 million and 1 billion dollars for asbestos abatement. They lost the case. The towers needed refit. The other option was to tear them down, but this was rejected due to their size and the danger presented by the asbestos. They were in a real bind...

Enter Larry Silverstein who purchased the lease on the twin towers for 99 years in a deal worth over $3.2 billion. Previously, he had developed and constructed Building 7 on the WTC site (the building that fell down without being hit by an aircraft). Silverstein had taken out insurance policies specifically covering terrorist attacks. Seven weeks later, the twin towers were destroyed in a so called 'terrorist attack.'To date, Silverstein has received almost $5 billion from nine different insurance companies...

When you start to investigate all this, you cannot help but see the inconsistencies. Some include the fact that the towers fell at free-fall speed. This is a scientific impossibility if there was any resistance. This can only be attained in a building collapse initiated by controlled explosion. Secondly, metal was contorted and large beams melted. Temperatures of 2000 degrees F were recorded from the site that registered high for 8 weeks afterwards. Again this is only found with the use of high explosives. The list goes on and on...

Without question, it is worth some investigation. Check this out if you want to learn more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DOnAn_PX6M

This is 5 hours long. I started watching it and became a believer and watched the whole thing. :-)
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:07 am

Wayne...I am always up for looking at a good argument, or another perspective but I just couldn't go past 20 minutes, I don't even know how I made it that long... All along I was saying.... but...wait... no that's wrong....jumping to conclusions,...and on it went. There may be a credible argument for what your saying, but I cant say I have seen it yet.
Any point can be argued, debaters are trained in arguing a point, then switching positions and just as vigorously arguing the opposite. Good debaters can convince you to agree with both points that they argue.
In hindsight of a event, and that is what this is, many extraneous points can be found and strung out to make a good tale. I make a practice, or try and make a practise of critically thinking about and questioning everything, most especially things that agree with any bias I may already hold, and I most certainly am predisposed to having a bias against the US government but even with that bias I cant agree with points in your vids. I wont go into it here, but I am not unfamiliar with steel...and steel beams....massive ones....I have a idea what heat, time and compression can do to them...and when I hear someone saying the only way they failed was by being blown up I know they don't have real world experience with steel and I don't care what letters they have after their name.
I am reminded of Richard Findmen when called to give his opinion on why the Challenger blew up (back in the eighties). He was called after testimony by engineer after engineer that the orings could not have been the problem in the cold weather. He didn't argue with those engineers...at the congressional hearing he just picked up one o ring and in front of everyone dipped it in a glass with Ice and water and then pulled it apart with his fingers.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Return to “General Discussions”