• Advertisement

Looking for Leaders

Canadian Preppers Forum. Meet and Network with other Canadian Preppers Here.

AB  BC  MB  NB  NL  NT  NS  NU  ON  PE  QC  SK  YT

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Looking for Leaders

Postby Denob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 pm

In a recent poll on the board, we found that about 25% of respondents were somewhat new to prepping...about 1 year or less.
This is a very important group of members for this forum, which is dedicated to spreading the word about being prepared in an effort to make every single person more capable of taking care of themselves in the face of disaster.
With currently over 40,000 posts, there is certainly no lack of information on this site, but I think we can all band together and make this forum an even better source of information.
To this end, I would like to get some volunteers who would be willing to help out with specific areas of experience by being the "go to" person for several categories on the forum. It really wouldn't be that hard to do...just be willing to share your experience with a specific topic and answer questions from other members. No extra commitment would be required...just do your best to answer questions when you log on. I'll set up a sticky topic for each area to make them easier to ask and answer.
The categories we would like to cover are:

-Health (dental, medical, fitness, mental health)
-Food Storage (canning, dehydrating, root cellars, etc)
-Hunting & gathering
-Livestock, farming, gardening
-Water (sources, storage, purification)
-Communications & tech (ham radio, GPS, faraday cages, etc)
-Alternative energy (Solar, Wind, Hydro, etc)
-Security & defense (guns, home hardening, patrolling, etc)
-Survival (wilderness & urban)
-Bags & kits (BOB, GHB, home emergency kits, etc)

If you feel you have knowledge or experience to share and want to help those who are new to prepping, or even just looking for advice on a specific topic, please send me a PM. Together, we can help each other before the S hits the fan!

Also to note, we could use some occasional help with developing graphics. If you have that artistic touch and willing to help out this way, let me know.
Thanks for everyone's help in making the IPN a leading source for present and future preppers!
0 x

gwaine999

Re: Looking for Leaders

Postby gwaine999 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I am attempting to pm you regarding volunteering and the board will not allow me to pm you.

G
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Hello G

That is because you need three posts on the main board in order to pass the basic new membership, at that time, you would be allowed to start using the private message system, aka Pm..

As this is your first post, that is the reason, welcome to the boards, look forward to learning more about you and what you are interested in..
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 pm

gwaine999 wrote:I am attempting to pm you regarding volunteering and the board will not allow me to pm you.

G

Feel free to email me ...
denob70 at gmail dot com
0 x

above all, adapt
Topic Leader

Postby above all, adapt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 am

Hi Denob
I would like to give back and contribute what knowledge I have to the health section as well as livestock (chickens, rabbits, goats only) I have only been prepping for 2 years but have healthcare experience for 5 yrs and have just started out with the above mentioned animalz this spring :D and what a rewarding experience it has been! :D I would be more than happy to share what I have learned so far and as I continue to learn as well...

Thank you for the opportunity,

Above all, adapt
0 x
Give respect, get respect

puceprepperz
Topic Leader

Postby puceprepperz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 am

Hello Denob, I cant PM you. I would be willing to teach self defense, group defense wpns and unarmed as well as some medical and fire fighting.
I am a former army Special Service Forces soldier, Airborne and civilain Freefall certified. I am a acting Captain at a fire dept in Southern ontario where I have been full time for 18 years. I have taught Muay Thai, Wrestling, Boxing and Karate and held provincial, state and national titles in these arts. I have lived and fought in Thailand 5 times for 1-3 months per time. I used to teach first aid, cpr, O2 admin, Wilderness first aid, military first aid, as well as have taken RLSC Aquatic rescue, Pre-hospital tramua life support, and Emergency patient care 1, though I prefer to stay in the defense areas, I will help in medical if needed.
BTW: I was on here as Pucepreppers but I cant get into that email so I made a similar name, would be great if I could flip it to the original name.
email me jackalracing (at) hotmail (dot) ca
0 x

Duffmanprepper
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby Duffmanprepper » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:40 am

Ill help out D
0 x
Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ajmudie
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby ajmudie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 am

i like to help out. i have help out with Security by patrolling the building.
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:52 am

Thank you to all who have replied, sent a PM or email.
I will be getting back to you all shortly...never enough hours in a day!
0 x

Leda
Topic Leader

Postby Leda » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:09 am

I don't know about being a leader, but I have been involved with organic gardening, food preserving, herbal medicines, and teaching these for over 30 years. I have more skills that may be appropriate - small scale farming (We have a 5 acre farm in south eastern BC), emergency food storage, etc, and I am also connected with our local "food society".
Hope to help where I can.
0 x

Return to “Canadian Preppers Network”