• Advertisement

Moving House and Prepping

General Preparedness Discussions
CanCricket
Canada

Moving House and Prepping

Postby CanCricket » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm moving to a new city in BC next month and it's surprising to me how stressful it is when I consider moving my preps and potentially getting rid of some stuff. Being in an apartment, I only have enough food & water for about 6 weeks stored (due to a lack of space) but I'm going to have to get rid of a lot of it, which is stressful. I can't move the water (moving company rules) and the canned food... well, it cheaper to buy it again at the other end rather than pay the moving costs (which are weight based). It's stressful to know that, for a period of time, I won't have the safety net that I've built up and depend upon if something bad happens. Dumping my water will be the hardest. All I can think about is... what if something happens right in the middle of my move? How far ahead can I get rid of stuff, knowing that I'll be going without but that I also need to create the space for packing and cleaning? It is not a fun thing.
0 x

Kootenay prepper
Canada

Re: Moving House and Prepping

Postby Kootenay prepper » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi CanCricket, I live in southeast B.C. Whenever I'm not at home and not able to bring much water I carry a lifestraw. I also store water purification tablets and a small camping pot for boiling water in my pack when I'm outdoors. Hope this gives you some ideas to get you through your move.
1 x

Clarence
Canada

Re: Moving House and Prepping

Postby Clarence » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:11 am

Consider a storage rental for the overflow. One close by so you can access as things unfold or supplies start going down. Cheers
1 x

Return to “General Preparedness”