• Advertisement

"Remedies" and "Therapies" A Sober Second Thought...

Discussions about Dental, Medical, Fitness and Mental Health
Knuckle

Re: "Remedies" and "Therapies" A Sober Second Thought...

Postby Knuckle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 am

This is not my forte as it is yours and you have indeed found some very interesting conflicts here. You likely have many of the same doubts as I do as to why the CDC would be the liar before WHO was. WHO would require a much greater effort to get all countries to participate in the lie whereas the CDC is American owned and funded. You want more money, say what we tell you to say!

The question as to why becomes the real issue as they are so many aspects that could influence this argument. All can be only considered assumption as proof seems to get lost or disproved in very short order. Once again though, the lies always have holes so the truth seems to peek thru for those who watch closely!
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:38 pm

Ever wonder about celebrity endorsements?

Does Dr. Oz have all the answers? Any evidence that 'Detox's' actually work? What about vitamin supplements...
Tim Caufield, of the University of Alberta has a great interview on CBC's "The Current" on just such a topic.

A great listen, here is the podcast link:

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/podcasts/curr ... _22434.mp3
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 am

That is a good discussion about detoxing as many most likely don't need it, but did it hurt those that did it anyways? Again there is no single right or wrong answer. The suggestion I get from that talkshow is that all of this is dumb quackery. You do walk a narrow road when you press only one line of thought!

Seems I have an example to contest this mindset:

My wife gets back a bloodwork that shows she has lead and mercury levels literally off the chart. They actually show a graph on the paper and her levels exceed the end of the graph. She had been removing old paint for years at her work and this is the suspected outcome of breathing the dust while doing her job.

Medical Solution: no more paint removal . The doc gave her a note!

So how do you get this stuff back out of you so it causes no more harm? You need to do a detox or cleansing, but healthcare won't help you do it and thus, you are on your own. You see the liver and kidneys are filters and so you can overload them while removing this stuff. Turns out this is sorta dangerous and therefore hospitals don't really want to suggest doing it. Yet these same folks will mention that leaving it there is bad too.... so what to do?

Seems that the older we get the less faith we have in such professions as they often seem to be somewhat in the dark as we are. Since the wife has Lyme disease too, leaving toxic waste in the body is a double whammy to the immune system and therefore the cleansing is done in a very slow manner for an already weak system. Go till the liver and kidneys are about to overload and then stop the routine. All has to be done at home, and excessive pain is the only measure to help guess when to stop. The doctors pretend they don't know she doing it but still do the blood tests (to measure the progress) out of guilt mostly. This is our medical system at it's finest moments. They sure don't want someone dying or suing them on their watch so best not to admit what is going on. Since nothing can be prescribed, all is done with natural drugs only, so the dangers to the organs is from the flushing out these poisons too quickly, not the drugs tehmselves.

It is from witnessing such as this and spending many hours listening to probable solutions from folks who are truly trying to work within boundaries set by the ignorance of others that eventually influence my viewpoints today. Others here have told similar stories showing what they have had to go thru too to maybe help others see alternatives to a faulty medical system that often doesn't work.

Are you going to bet your life on our present system when the time comes you have to decide such things too? Seems some would already be dead if they hadn't pursued alternative options. Many others have learned to consider looking elsewhere because of these folks sharing such knowledge here and other forums. So the irony in what Cares presented at the first of this thread rings true to me too.

A Short History of Medicine;
2000 B.C. – “Here, eat this root.”
1000 B.C. – “That root is heathen, say this prayer.”
1850 A.D. – “That prayer is superstition, drink this potion.”
1940 A.D. – “That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill.”
1985 A.D. – “That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic.”
2000 A.D. – “That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root.”
- Author Unknown

It is obvious that ignorance still gets in the way of learning for all of us....so now have I convinced you that a detox is sometimes a good thing too? Again, I expect your argument to remain contradictory as you will recite from what you deem as fact(for you found it on the web with some PHD letters to prove their irrefutable testimony) while we in turn recite from past experience which you preclude as biased testimony.

May you and yours always remain healthy so you never have to challenge this wisdom you choose!
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:13 pm

omg. lol.

I knew you liked to hear yourself talk... or I guess write as this is a forum...but the fact you just ranted on and on about detox..which made up about 1:30 seconds of the half our program that wasnt even about detox but about a larger social phenomenon.... I ponder whether you actually listened to it, or just used this as another sounding board for your "enlightened" thoughts yet again. lmao. :)

If your asking whether I would give more weight to the opinion of a guy who does research for a living and heads a research department at a University in this specific type of study... over someone who alleges to be a retired police officer, and who's main research methods are Netflix, Youtube, and Google..oh and anecdotal evidence...(you can google that term Knuckle so you know how to respond. lol) then yes, I would give more credence to the researcher.

Not because he is a researcher, or titles...but because he conducts research, collects evidence, uses the scientific method, and repeatable tests, etc. He also plainly notes the shortfalls and incomplete research done in the world today and what can and cannot be concluded with the evidence at hand. :)

Knuckle, I really appreciate reading your prepping material. I will continue to read and absorb the information you have on prepping. And I get that you like to hear yourself talk and just have to give an opinion on everything. Thats fine. But guy....re read your post above. Maybe actually listen to the program...then re read it...you will get it then. :)
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Singlecell

Postby Singlecell » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Good lord... I can't tell you the amount of women i've met who are on that detoxing shit. This phase disgusts me. You got all these women out there who score psychological points for starving themselves, binge eating absolute garbage, and won't touch exercise if their lives depended on it.

It's an epidemic!
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Seems to me that you are just doing the quoting of doctors who have published on a topic that you know little about either. You are using their results to proclaim that your opinion regarding alternative medicine is therefore justified. Most of us are quite aware that many doctors proclaim alternative medicines are hocus-pockus... so what's new!

In reality, I'd preclude you just went on a rant that I was ranting. Then in attempt to discredit my standing, you suggest that I allegedly might have been a police officer... childish at best! While most have likely concluded already that I have too much knowledge regarding the subject of law and police procedure, I'd also have to get others to lie for me as Ratt's (another forum member) served with me. Add to that that I converse with other P/O's here and they'd have likely called me on this aspect long ago otherwise. And when rereading all I'd stated, I still can't see anything to even suggest it was a rant. In fact I thought I was humble when I wrote this as it even shows why my opinion has swayed to the side of my wife's over this issue of alternative medicine.

Seems I do have some experience in the medical field, but only as an ambulance driver and that too was many years ago. It still persuaded me to consider that our medical system was the best answer to any situation. I also spent a few years working with the handicapped to again believe in our present system even more as working with caregivers daily does that to you.

None of the above gives me the right to profess that I am a learned individual regarding the chastising of our present medical system. This knowledge comes from dealing with them over topics such as Lyme disease as Canada has denied many as qualifying for help and only in the past month have they finally made a new ruling regarding this. I can go into far greater detail regarding this subject of Lyme, but then I would really be taking this thread way off topic. (and If I did, you'd finally get to hear me rant)!

Now I showed you my qualifications to justify my opinion on this subject..... lets have yours!

And the reason I post here so much is because I want this forum to succeed. There is little that one can do to help change that which I see is inevitable. I don't believe in just sitting back and do nothing! I would still like to believe that each of us can still make a difference and that many just need a push in the right direction....and so I push!

~ Knuckle ~
0 x

Singlecell

Postby Singlecell » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Haha whoa I just jumped in and gave my two cents, I wasn't commenting on what you wrote. There is such thing as a cleanse, it's called fresh raw fruit and vegetables and plenty of water.

My qualifications come from over ten years of learning about nutrition and trying every diet in the book, high protein, low protein high carb low carb, raw food diet, high fat diet, potency with regards to strength, endurance and speed. No credentials, just trial and error.

And I've met a ton of women who subscribe to that, or the "gluten free" model, while binge eating garbage, and generally just weak willed people, hopping on the latest trend because it's cool and they're too lazy to do pushups, go for a run or lift some weights.

The only guarantee is moderation. Extremist and hardline guarantees always collapse, or worse, completely backfire.

EDIT- Oh cripes, Knuckles, I thought you were talking to me, sorry.
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 pm

OK all...settle down.
Let's all be civil here.
I won't get into the topic at all because I won't listen to Anna Maria Tremonte nor "The Current" as I lost all respect for her when she suggested that preppers are worried about giant claw fisted robots.
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Singlecell wrote:EDIT- Oh cripes, Knuckles, I thought you were talking to me, sorry.

LOL, no problem Singlecell. I too agree that women often grab hold of such trends and prey this new technique will help. And it took plenty of convincing from the wife after years of her doing her own thing with Lyme to show me that she was now more knowledgeable than most doctors. She researches daily and does forums to help those with Lyme. We have various microscopes which now do micro videos of bacteria. The wife is on first name basis with many published doctors in both Canada and the US. She has devoted herself totally to this subject for at least 5 years and so I know much about this subject just from being married to her. :roll:

I even understand where folks can be mislead by false claims of concoctions that only give them false hope. Yet now I see even this concept as maybe still giving people hope where there is not supposed to be any. So what! Which is better? False hope or no hope?

But there are lost techniques that do still work today and we should profess this knowledge as just (and free)!

Sorry Denob...was I ranting again? :lol: 8-)
0 x

JackDee

Postby JackDee » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 am

Detox water, detox food pad, detox sticker, detox lamp, detox air filtration... etc.
I don't really mind the idea of detox, but sometimes the price and the claims are quite ridiculous.

Maybe after we use them expensive products, our p** will smells like roses. :D

Actually we do need some illustration and data before and after detox. Not only the good part but also the bad part. For example some things may helps reduce blood pressure, but may increase some other things. Most sales people I know only focus on the benefit, and care not explaining side effects or potential signals to stop the treatment using some products. I often visit the following site for info regarding therapeutic devices:
http://www.quackwatch.org

In some countries, there are traditional concoctions to heal wounds and infections, fever. So traditional and alternative medicine can be an alternative way when modern treatment fails.

In the past during traveling, I've met a traditional health practician, and he said that to take care mainly the kidney and the liver is by drinking adequate plain water. "No much oily to consume", he said.
While next to him someone sells cobra oil that claims to cure much diseases :D
0 x

Return to “Health”