• Advertisement

Ask a leader health questions here

Discussions about Dental, Medical, Fitness and Mental Health
Clarence
Canada

Re: Ask a leader health questions here

Postby Clarence » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 am

Thank you crownsown and fargal, appreciate it.
I use many natural remedies and have been since 90,s
I tried some naturalpath meds in the past and gave up but will give it another go. Thanks again. Cheers
1 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

farmgal wrote:ok, google and find the study's done in Germany and such in regards to what stinging nettles can do in a general sense in regards to be used as a herbal Antihistamine. if you like what you read.. try it.. see if it work for you or not

I agree with crowns own, its really up to how your body reacts and works and it should be done with your doctor's help

Can you cite the study's done in Germany. I can't find anything with a google search specifically from Germany, or that shows any conclusive research. A lot of "mays" and "mights."
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 am

let me see what I can do to track it back down, its at least three computers ago, I was hunting out studies on elderberries and black chokeberry stats at the time and I found a study in the same data base on the nettles.. hmmm,, that must be close to 12 years ago now.. maybe I might have links in the refernace as well in my English book on 101 uses for nettles for health studies as well.
1 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Wanted to drop in to tease Crownsown for sending me down the rabbit hole last night for about an hour before I laughed and went I have things I must get done LOL.. PubMed had 500 plus studies when I googled Stinging Nettles and boy has there been some really interesting new studies done it.. for the men.. the double blind studies in regards to prostrate health are very interesting and the new ones that are coming out in regards to it being able be used to help control micro's needs way! way more reading for me to even grasp what they are talking about as they are looking to apply it to ag sector.

and I found a couple smaller studies on a few other things but what I did find was very interesting was the it was the roots and in some cases it was the seeds that seemed to have much higher effects in the studies over the leaves, which is interesting because before I went down the rabbit hole last night, I have always been working with the leaves and a small amount with the roots and the seeds not so much (other then for the livestock use, if you have a momma in milk, dried nettle leaves, stalk and seeds appears to increase milk yield, I have tracked it in my own sheep larger case study if you want to look at it that way and in a smaller way with goats (I just don't have the same number of milking goats so smaller sample :) over the years..

But of course the one blasted study I wanted to find.. not yet.. will try again later today after I get chores and my work day done.. Thanks Crown for making me dig, I am clearly way behind on my study on this plant.. they have been busy with it over the past tens years!
1 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Its not that pressing. :) I'm interested in seeing whats out there. But take your time. lol. Life takes priority over TCO's idle curiosity. :)

(I'm looking for conclusive studies btw. I've seen all kinds of studies which show some single correlations, and studies which recommend further study, but nothing with repeatable evidence that can conclude something concrete. At least not from a real research institute. All kinds of "integrative medicine" and "natural healthcare" sites which purport to cure cancer, etc. with the stuff...)
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Return to “Health”