• Advertisement

Get rid of your tummy!

Discussions about Dental, Medical, Fitness and Mental Health
susannah755

Get rid of your tummy!

Postby susannah755 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm

I found an interesting article which explains what insulin resistance is and what it does to your body - mainly extra weight around your tummy which increases your chances of becoming diabetic. This article is easy to understand and gives guidelines on how to reduce your risk of becoming diabetic and how to get rid of "love handles".
http://blog.gaiam.com/blog/too-much-ins ... etabolism/
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

Perfesser
Canada

Re: Get rid of your tummy!

Postby Perfesser » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Wheat Belly
Over a half decade ago Professor Jared Diamond, in his Pulitzer Prize-winning book Guns, Germs, and Steel, famously wrote

“The adoption of agriculture, supposedly our most decisive step toward a better life, was in many ways a catastrophe from which we have never recovered.”

Dr Diamond was referring, of course, to the devolution of human health that took place as mankind suffered the corporal transformation driven by the mismatch between hunter-gatherer genes and an agricultural diet and lifestyle. Smaller stature, decreased cortical bone thickness, obesity, increased incidence of infectious diseases, dental caries, periodontal disease, vitamin deficiencies, and even famine – all common in agriculturists – were not, for the most part, the lot of pre-agricultural man.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/satu ... eat-belly/
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 am

I agree totally with you Perfesser. Any number of articles are available on the internet which examine the impact of "agriculture" on native people who, for generations had none of the "modern diseases", until they adopted the agriculture based diet. The introduction of "processed" food has further contributed to many "modern" diseases.
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

Jronicaing

Postby Jronicaing » Tue May 29, 2012 10:21 am

Over a half decade ago Professor Jared Diamond, in his Pulitzer Prize-winning book Guns, Germs, and Steel, famously wrote
0 x

shahalam

Postby shahalam » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Dental care is the forgotten part of a healthy lifestyle. But while its importance is often underestimated, the need for regular dental care can not be overstated. Our set of teeth will last us a lifetime with the proper preventative dental care. For the HIV positive patient, regular dental care is not only to maintain the health of your teeth but also your entire body. Poor oral and dental health can result in serious infections of the mouth, the teeth, and the entire body.
0 x

lgsbrooks
Canada

Postby lgsbrooks » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am

I just got a book called Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:16 am

Shalalam.................. ssssssssppppppppaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm!
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:42 pm

I really enjoyed reading Wheat Belly, and am on the hunt for old fashioned non-modified grains to grow small amount myself for house use, won't help the mass's but will help my own little family..
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

myra78888

Postby myra78888 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 am

First of all I want to say fantastic Forum ! Thanks for the marvelous posting. You doing great work i appreciate .I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
0 x
Myra

HunterOrange

Postby HunterOrange » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:04 pm

I agree!! Great topic. Thanks
0 x

Return to “Health”