• Advertisement

an exceptional wild plant book

Discussions of Hunting and Gathering
martha

an exceptional wild plant book

Postby martha » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:42 am

I've collected lotsa wild edible plant books but this is the best!! The Forager's Harvest, A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting and Preparing Edible Wild Plants. by Samuel Thayer. He covers less plants than other books but with far greater useful information which is clearly based on extensive experience rather than research and regurgitation. I'm gonna buy every book he's written, I can't praise him enough. I feel this book gives me good direction with practical methods for gathering and preparing common and useful plants.
0 x

lgsbrooks
Canada

Re: an exceptional wild plant book

Postby lgsbrooks » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:39 am

I also have this book.. it is fantastic
0 x

CboyCA

Postby CboyCA » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:43 am

Any chance there is a PDF version of it ?
0 x

GreatPlainsStrider

Postby GreatPlainsStrider » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:10 am

Where did you buy the book from?
0 x

martha

Postby martha » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:59 am

I got it on Amazon. You should maybe check the other reviews, it's really fabulous. I doubt there's a pdf, but don't know for sure.
0 x

Bravepatriot777

Postby Bravepatriot777 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:35 am

:) Thank you for your great suggestions for Edible wild plant books. May I also suggest "Edible Wild Plants" by Thomas S. Elias & Peter A. Dykeman. It is complete with color photo's, plant habitat, preparation instructions and even edible use symbols beside each plant listed to aid in quick identification of ALL the ways you can prepare the plant. Also, might I suggest (for Bug-out purposes and preparation), that one thoroughly research the specific plants found in YOUR area and try to familiarize yourself with identification as much as possible. Particularly trees, many of which have leaves or needles which can be made into tea or may even have medicinal uses. God bless...
0 x

martha

Postby martha » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:29 am

Good advice, Brave. Thankyou
0 x

villager
Canada

Postby villager » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi All, i just received this . ...looks promising : https://numenfilm.leadpages.net/8min/

David Hoffman is in it, as are other herbal healers as well as some well known commentators on natural healing. Not to be missed. You can see the trailer now and also the first 8 minutes of the film:

https://numenfilm.leadpages.net/8min/

Sign up at the site above so you don't miss the film when the free showing starts next week.
0 x

Return to “Hunting & Gathering”