• Advertisement

Rabbit Breeding

Discussions about how to grow your own food or raising livestock.
farmgal
Canada

Re: Rabbit Breeding

Postby farmgal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Well, that's good, hope it works well for you this time around.. thanks for keeping me updated.
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

wha

Postby wha » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:32 am

Well one of our does finally gave us a litter had 8, 2 died. First litter we got all year.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:33 am

congrats on the litter and the six live..

my regular girls are doing well, and my one new girl is proven, still waiting on the second new doe, added in a new buck, his first litter is due any day now..
0 x

MrsPrepwPets

Postby MrsPrepwPets » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:32 pm

wha wrote:Well one of our does finally gave us a litter had 8, 2 died. First litter we got all year.

Just curious how your moms and the nuggets are doing, it being about the two-week "development" mark.
0 x

RachelM
Canada

Postby RachelM » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Have 4 2-month old babies bouncing around, and hopefully 4 litters in the next few weeks coming up! One is for sure pregnant, her sister we think is, and the other two are our "fun buns" that have colours to attract the pet crowd at the auction that are only 2 weeks along I think. Hopefully we get some good litters with lots of survivors!
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Currently have 40 kits on the ground, one litter ready for butcher this week, one in two to three weeks and one litter of nine at four weeks and two new litters at just a week old... got some orders for the pelts.. best of luck and keep us posted.
0 x

wha

Postby wha » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:29 pm

MrsPrepwPets wrote:
wha wrote:Well one of our does finally gave us a litter had 8, 2 died. First litter we got all year.

Just curious how your moms and the nuggets are doing, it being about the two-week "development" mark.

Sorry for the late reply been quite busy. We have 3 does and each one has now had a litter of 6-7 kits. first litter is soon to be put down but they are small for 12wks. Are male is small and it seems they took on all his traits, will have to look for a bigger male next year.
0 x

MrsPrepwPets

Postby MrsPrepwPets » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 pm

wha wrote: We have 3 does and each one has now had a litter of 6-7 kits. first litter is soon to be put down but they are small for 12wks. Are male is small and it seems they took on all his traits, will have to look for a bigger male next year.
Glad it turned out your does are okay, and a fix on the way for the male.
Mind if I ask if you formulated a natural feed or went with pellets?
0 x

wha

Postby wha » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:59 pm

MrsPrepwPets wrote:Mind if I ask if you formulated a natural feed or went with pellets?
We mostly feed them pellets.
0 x

Return to “Livestock, Farming and Gardening”