• Advertisement

Fall Butcher- Farm or Hunting

Discussions about how to grow your own food or raising livestock.
farmgal
Canada

Fall Butcher- Farm or Hunting

Postby farmgal » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Hey guys,

So for those of us that raised our own livestock, be it small in terms of rabbit or fowl, be it medium in size.. sheep, goat etc or be it big, pig, beef etc or for those hunting all shapes and sizes..

anyone else doing your own butchering this year.. learning how to process, cure and so forth..

So far, we have done 3 hoggots (coming two year old sheep) and 5 lambs, with only another nine to go.. lots of rabbits, some quail, and then I did one of our bigger ones, we did a nice approx. 450 pound pig.. Dh is 5, 10 an about 200 pounds.. the pig when had her measurements done was approx. 450, I believe it, I need to skid her up with the horse and then lift her with the truck :) Normally my gear does up to 300 pounds, perfect for sheep and goats but I had to buy a new one that does up to 450 and I shook my head and ordered in the gear to do up to thousand pounds.. If they are bigger then that, I Will break it down on the ground and hang sections to work on.

Still more lambs, turkeys, geese, ducks, chickens and one more even bigger pig to do yet this year!

So what are you up to?
Attachments
P1080414 (2).JPG
P1080414 (2).JPG (742.43 KiB) Viewed 357 times
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

peppercorn

Re: Fall Butcher- Farm or Hunting

Postby peppercorn » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:04 am

Not there yet....rabbits and chicken are on my soon to raise list, I will be crossbow hunting in the future...not this year though.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Return to “Livestock, Farming and Gardening”