• Advertisement

Rainwater off a seacan

Discussions about procuring and purifying water
Danux
Canada

Rainwater off a seacan

Postby Danux » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:19 am

Anyone already collecting rainwater from their seacan? Just wondering what kinda solutions are already out there.

0 x

Chimo
Topic Leader
Canada

Re: Rainwater off a seacan

Postby Chimo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:08 pm

IS this for long term or ????? I have two containers side by side with a single shallow pitch roof over the works. Galvanized tin and away you go.. If your looking for something cheaper. put a gutter on one side and jack up the other until the water runs to where you want it.
0 x
Chimo...
When All else fails--BIP--

Danux
Canada

Postby Danux » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Probably a few years' collection, maybe less depending on funds and time and unknowns. I already have a "natural" slant, mostly just want to collect for irrigation. It's the largest flat surface I have, seemed like a waste to let it all run away.
Thought I might dig a hole, collect the water in there, but I'd like to keep the insect population down. Maybe a cheap tarp over it?

0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 am

If you are using it for drinking, be careful - if the water runs over some types of shingles or paint, it may not be potable..
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Danux
Canada

Postby Danux » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Good advice. I hadn't planned on drinking it, but have a couple of purifying solutions available if I needed to. Mostly for irrigating.

0 x

Return to “Water sources, storage and purification”