• Advertisement

Go Tenna

(Radio's), (GPS), (Faraday Cages), (Other Technology)
morningcoffee
Canada

Go Tenna

Postby morningcoffee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:09 am

We have just ordered a 4 pack of these. The network appears to be expanding and they are upgrading to allow more "hops". Anyone else tried these yet?
1 x
"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

Wayne
Canada

Re: Go Tenna

Postby Wayne » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like a high cost for short-range service. Good idea, but until it catches on (if?) I'll do without the expense.
0 x

morningcoffee
Canada

Postby morningcoffee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:25 am

You are right, not everybody would spend money on communications. You can always yell out your back door or get a couple of tin cans and some string. I put value on a people powered system that is more secure. It's all about choices. :D
1 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am

I too believe in communication; there are many options. Some prefer ham radio. Like you said, it's all about choices...
0 x

morningcoffee
Canada

Postby morningcoffee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

And one of us has a radio license so we have that option as well. But a lot of people don't want to spend the extra money and go through the licensing process. At some point the license might not matter, but for now it does and a "friendly" option could be the Go Tenna which is cheaper than the radio setup and licensing and might allow for a larger group for communications.

This was just a feeler to see if other people are interested. The Go Tenna system has some decent 25% and 10% discounts available that might be worth exploring if someone was so inclined.
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 am

You make a good point. In a SHTF scenario however, I'm not concerned about licensing; as I see this as 'emergency use only.' I respect the law, but circumstances dictate action. Few will starve to death before breaking into a grocery store that's full of food. If I find myself in need of communication, I will utilize whatever means at my disposal. Preparations will be focused on the most efficient and cost-effective method.
0 x

Return to “Communication & Tech”