• Advertisement

What is the quietest generator on the market right now?

(Radio's), (GPS), (Faraday Cages), (Other Technology)
Knuckle

Re: What is the quietest generator on the market right now?

Postby Knuckle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't know the brand but they were selling tiny 1200/2000 peak watt generators at Walmart for $199 a couple years back. A friend of mine bought one and bragged it was so quiet he could sit in the same room with it(as he hosed the exhaust outside.)and claimed it could run for an hour on the equivalent of a fart for gas. :lol: He owns a tourist camp and so has 10 KW diesels, 4500 watt Hondas and that miniature thing. He later said it died after a winters use. Seems owning one might be a good backup for an emergency at $199. I have a EMS 4000 watt Honda at the house and it is a pig on gas but very reliable. My 2nd is a Onan 4000 watt(on propane) in the RV and another is a Miller 8500 watt 225 Bobcat welder at my shop. I think I have emergency power covered!
0 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:31 pm

Honda ei2000 for the win!

Cost be damned; it'll run forever. And be dependable!

And if you can hear it beyond 25 yards, I'm impressed:)
0 x
One is none, two is one.

Clarence
Canada

Postby Clarence » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:34 am

A good plan is to put the Gen in a shed with a metal extension for the muffler. Nice place to store batteries and any charging controllers
Consider a trickle charger for your Gen battery.
Get a Gen with pull as well as electrics start.
You will want to use fuel stabilizer. Buy extra parts like spark plugs, oil and air filters, fuses
Also, take a pic of the panel and write down start and stop procedures. If your not around, your spouse may need to start it or you can ask a neighbour. Having that attached to Gen will help and maybe avoid costly mistakes. I like honda . Have two if you can afford it. 6,500 or 10,000 watt is nice sized unit for 3,000 foot home.
0 x

Return to “Communication & Tech”