• Advertisement

breadboard projects

(Radio's), (GPS), (Faraday Cages), (Other Technology)
ndn

breadboard projects

Postby ndn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 pm

has any one worked with bread board ?i think in a post apocalyptic world it may be a mojor waay to make chargers and fox hole radios .

UPDATE :IVE JUST STARTED TO LOOK AT THIS AND THE MORE I LOOK INTO BREAD BOARDS AND PERF BOARDS THE MORE IT MAKES SEANCE . THE GUY WHO HAS STOCK PILES OF GOLD SILVER WILL NOT BE AS IMPORTEN AS THE GUY WITH KNOWLEDGE
Last edited by ndn on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Thank you

NDN

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: breadboard projects

Postby Denob » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 pm

I haven't had a chance to work with it yet, but I had the same idea as you.
It's easy to store up a selection of components, and there are tons of free project plans all over the net.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Yes I have used them, have a couple kicking around. While you can use them as you say, there best use is for proto typing the circuit you are building as in if your circuit has a oscillator in it and if you cant do the math to figure out component values you can quickly plug in different cap or resistor values to walk yourself to the target frequence, just saves time in designing, I would design on the breadboard but once I had the circuit functioning the way I wanted then I would remove the components and hard solder them on a separate board, maybe through hole and point to point wiring if your not up to etching your own board. On a bread board component leads are held by friction and that just wont do on something that needs to operate reliably over time. if your learning about circuits its a great way to get started building different project, its fast, and no soldering needed.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:58 am

I forgot about veroboard, after you have your design worked out on your breadboard, you can solder the components straight onto veroboard for permanent circuits. the two go hand in hand
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Return to “Communication & Tech”