• Advertisement

Wood burning hot tub!!!

Discussions of Alternative and Renewable Energy
Dakota
Canada

Wood burning hot tub!!!

Postby Dakota » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Ya, ya, I know....not quite the must have for preppers but hell ya-for a hot bath!
Built this a couple years ago! It is wonderful-especially in the winter. We have a lot of standing dead wood so it's not a drain here! I covered a huge old planter made of fibreglass(easily repaired) with cedar-just so it didn't look junky. Added a wood burning stove (top feed) and presto chango-this gal has a hot tub! This is about as princess like as I get!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (168.51 KiB) Viewed 644 times
0 x

Zana
Canada

Re: Wood burning hot tub!!!

Postby Zana » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:51 pm

That looks wonderful !! I'm planning one, but want to use a wood stove with a copper coil so that it's off to the side. Yours is much better though because it's already done!
0 x

Dakota
Canada

Postby Dakota » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 am

Zana, we have a buddy who used your coil idea and straw bales with pond liner over the bales. All this along side his river.
It worked wonderfully. He drew from the river, into his coil heater which fed into his hottub. Good luck with your build-I'd love to see a photo when it's done. I just love sitting in my tub with a glass of wine and watching the northern lights! Life is good!!!
0 x

Danux
Canada

Postby Danux » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:09 am

Do a web search on the Chofu heater, all kinds of premade and DIY stuff there. I'd *love* to have a wood-fired hot tub, so long as I could stoke it without having to completely get out of the water on a cool winter evening...

0 x

Return to “Alternative Energy”