• Advertisement

*******HOMEMADE PEPPER SPRAY ******

Discussions about Security and Defense
KKH

*******HOMEMADE PEPPER SPRAY ******

Postby KKH » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

This is geared towards people on a budget who may not have firearms or cutting type weapons.....

******** HOMEMADE PEPPER SPRAY ************* Use in a 'supersoaker' style watergun.

Directions:
- 2 cups of dry cayanne
- 2 liters of water
- 2 cups of safflower oil (or another thin carrier oil ..grape-seed, almond..)

Bring all to a boil and simmer for 45mins on low ...stir occasionally so that cayenne stays in contact with oil and water and doesn't cake on the side of the pot.

Pour through a cheesecloth into another container.

While still warm pour in the STIRRED oil/water mix into the water-gun reservoir

When you let it cool the water/oil will separate but that ok because with a quick shake the oil/water will become homogenous for the most part and will shoot easily through the nozzle of a high pressure water-gun like a 'supersoaker'

***DISCLAIMER*** Do not use unless you are in a life and death SHTF type situation and do not test on people because this will cause burning to mucus membrane cells which could be permanent.
***PROOF OF CONCEPT**** If you want to test how this works without having the danger of cayenne you can try this using regular paprika (avoid spicy and smoked). This will allow you to test the process of making the liquid as well as straining it and using it in your water-gun of choice.
***INGREDIENT RATIOS*** The more cayenne and oil you use the stronger the concentration level of capsaicin .
0 x

WildernessReturn

Re: *******HOMEMADE PEPPER SPRAY ******

Postby WildernessReturn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

would that make this a
"Homemade Prepper Spray" LOL.. sorry could not resist

how about Vinegar instead of water?
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 pm

There is a discussion here called Alternate Home Defence, perhaps you could post this there as well?
0 x

KKH

Postby KKH » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Will do!
0 x

Desro

Postby Desro » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 pm

only use in shtf scenario as its illegal as well, you should add that to the disclaimer! :D
0 x

Gerardo

Postby Gerardo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Interesting. I will try it.
0 x

remington870

Postby remington870 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Sorry, it is not illegal. Sitting in your cupboard it is just another spicy condiment. It's what you do with it that matters. Most of us have a hammer in the house, no problem. Hit someone with it and it could be weapons dangerous.
0 x

Grammaprepper

Postby Grammaprepper » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Great to try...thanks for posting. I'm retired CBSA and no, this is not illegal. You wouldn't carry this around now premixed anyway.

My lastest items found researching on Pinterest, are smiley's....cute eh. These two items that I will explain here, are not illegal to carry, of course, unless you use them in a confrontation type event, but that would be like using anything else you carry. Comfortable length of chain and simply add a padlock to last link. I will be praticing with that. I love nunchucks, but they hurt when they bounce back at you... The other is a comfortable length of plyable airhose 3/4 diameter (any plyable hose is desired). A 3" bolt, propably need to screw it up into the end of the hose so only the head is showing. It will stay if tight enough. You can glue it before screwing it with E6000 jewelry glue, or whatever you want to use. Be smart, be safe. If we are entering this next scare of WW3, wilder conspiracy theories, we need common sense and diligence. I heard something about avoiding your heat signature using glass? Has anyone tested this? Would be great to relay to our fellow preppers on here.

Make these where you live, don't travel outside the country with the hose one, if you get my drift.

On Pinterest I am Studio 96315.
0 x
Why run, you'll only die tired! si vis pacem para pacem

lili

Postby lili » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:45 am

thnk
Last edited by lili on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Desro

Postby Desro » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Sorry, it is not illegal. Sitting in your cupboard it is just another spicy condiment. It's what you do with it that matters. Most of us have a hammer in the house, no problem. Hit someone with it and it could be weapons dangerous.

Well to use it on someone IS illegal. The original post is called homemade pepper spray, so obviously it is intended for use on humans because your using a water gun to administer it totally unsuitable as a bear repellent or at least I wouldn't trust my life on it. The only reason I said it was illegal is that this homemade concoction is made for use or it has no purpose and a lot of people don't know the laws or consequences for such a thing. Sorry for not being more descriptive in my original post. For those concerned, below is the law and below that the description.

Here is the law.

Administering noxious substance/thing
245. Every one who administers or causes to be administered to any person or causes any person to take poison or any other destructive or noxious thing is guilty of an indictable offence and liable

(a) to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years, if he intends thereby to endanger the life of or to cause bodily harm to that person; or
(b) to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, if he intends thereby to aggrieve or annoy that person.
R.S., c. C-34, s. 229.

And here is the definition of Noxious

nox·ious
ˈadjective
harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant.

Hope this helps someone

-Desro
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”