• Advertisement

Ask a leader security & defense questions here

Discussions about Security and Defense
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Ask a leader security & defense questions here

Postby Denob » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Feel free to ask security & defense related questions here.
One of our volunteer topic leaders will be happy to answer you.
0 x

Duffmanprepper
Topic Leader
Canada

Re: Ask a leader security & defense questions here

Postby Duffmanprepper » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:16 am

I don't like to tell everyone what I used to do in my past but if anyone has questions please ask
I've been playing stupid in the forum and now am comfortable talking about stuff with fellow preppers
Duff
0 x
Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

puceprepperz
Topic Leader

Postby puceprepperz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi all.
I'm here willing to give advise as well. FYI: I'm PucPreppers but lost log in info so made this new account. ;)
Basic rundown so that you know where Im coming from is as follows. Not bragging just figured if I am giving advice, you'd like to know where its coming from. More detailed info if requested in personal messages.

Former Army Special Service Force soldier - served both regular force and reserves. 11 yearas total.
Instructor of Wrestling, Muay Thai, Boxing and brown belt in Karate. Dabbled to orange belt in various other arts.
Titles held in Wrestling, MuayThai and Boxing.
Owned a Muay Thai school since 1999
Former Vice President of Canadian Amateur Muay Thai assoc.
Have lived and fought in Thailand 5 times for a 1-3 month stay each time.
Created 1 national champ and some regional ones.
Professional Fire Fighter now for 18 years. Not really a security profession, except that we breach homes and companies and vehicles daily to get in to help people, so we understand weakpoints.
0 x

OttawaLoneWolf

Postby OttawaLoneWolf » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 am

You sir is badass ! would you know Sal Ram from Vancouver ?
0 x

puceprepperz
Topic Leader

Postby puceprepperz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:50 am

if you were talking to me OttawaLoneWolf, then negative, I do not, atleast I do not remember him, but may have back in the day. :D Too many hits to the head = Memory sucks.
0 x

OttawaLoneWolf

Postby OttawaLoneWolf » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 pm

puceprepperz wrote:if you were talking to me OttawaLoneWolf, then negative, I do not, atleast I do not remember him, but may have back in the day. :D Too many hits to the head = Memory sucks.

I totally know what u mean brother :D
0 x

Syn

Postby Syn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Many of us lead far more insulated lives and have not really gotten first hand experience that you three have had . I do understand security is broad topic . Can you elaborate on what you have seen in other places and circumstance that motivates your prepping and the prioritization you place on the ways you prep, say for a few examples ; fitness and self defence , hardening your security of your home, or weapon utilization as opposed to long term food storage ? Are you organized with others as a security measure, say meet ups or alliances to bug out , bug in ? I am curious if you see burgeoning population from immigration or birthrate as excelating need for heightened security in the next 10 years ?
Living in the lower mainland of BC i see the excalation of profit driven organized gang violence targeting mostly rivals as do grow rippers, turf infringement retaliations from houses being burned to the ground to sanctioned hits , but I stay cognizant that there is a lot of factors out there that can compromise your personal security and a lot smarter choices and proactive steps to be made by people like me .
0 x

OttawaLoneWolf

Postby OttawaLoneWolf » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:47 am

Syn wrote:Many of us lead far more insulated lives and have not really gotten first hand experience that you three have had . I do understand security is broad topic . Can you elaborate on what you have seen in other places and circumstance that motivates your prepping and the prioritization you place on the ways you prep, say for a few examples ; fitness and self defence , hardening your security of your home, or weapon utilization as opposed to long term food storage ? Are you organized with others as a security measure, say meet ups or alliances to bug out , bug in ? I am curious if you see burgeoning population from immigration or birthrate as excelating need for heightened security in the next 10 years ?
Living in the lower mainland of BC i see the excalation of profit driven organized gang violence targeting mostly rivals as do grow rippers, turf infringement retaliations from houses being burned to the ground to sanctioned hits , but I stay cognizant that there is a lot of factors out there that can compromise your personal security and a lot smarter choices and proactive steps to be made by people like me .

You lived in Langley ah !? that's one tough neighborhood. ;)
0 x

Syn

Postby Syn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:23 am

Ah yes, well for the most part we are blessed and live in the land of milk and honey. For the most part we are very fortunate.
0 x

Maple Leaf Pilgrim
Canada

Postby Maple Leaf Pilgrim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Looks like enough chiefs have arrived. I'll just keep my yob shut unless I take issue.

Hey, puce! Big Daddy's, Bronze Bruce, Iron Mike's and the chicken wing incident ring any bells? ;)
0 x
"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

Return to “Security and Defense”