Discussions about Security and Defense
Knuckle

Re: Drone Surveillance?

Postby Knuckle » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:56 pm

0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Seems drones are now becoming a new Christmas present...buy one for your kid and you still get to play with it too......2 birds with one stone!

But there are now aspects coming out about personal privacy. Seem many of these new drones now come equipped with cameras. The following video shows that some have even managed to place a gun on it and shoot targets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZGzJI6To0

And just think of all the creative things that will happen as soon as your kids starts in with their creative thoughts on how to use this new Christmas toy?
0 x

Jensen

Postby Jensen » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:50 pm

endangeredspecies wrote:i think its total waste and useless
come fly ur drone over my land and il shoot them down whit 4$ bullet

LOL !

I think the whole idea is to keep an area under surveillance for security purposes and not necessarily to spy on you on your land. I doubt the average prepper storing one of these are thinking he or she is going to use it to raid other preppers. Some of these drones can fly preprogrammed patterns at altitudes where you may find it difficult to spot or hit them. So Paranoia out of the way I think they are best used as a Defense Multiplier and for providing close range Intel on potential incoming dangers either planned or random.

I am definitely interested and one of these will find its way into our preps soon.
0 x

scrounger

Postby scrounger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Saw this one on the news last night. 65K per unit. Like a lot of things, uses can be good or bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener ... -1.2865523
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:45 pm

I too want to play with one but my kids are all grown and gone...that means the excuse that it is for the kids won't sell either. :?

So my new excuse is that I want to sell aerial shots of friends tourist camps to put on their websites. What do you think? Will the wife buy that one? :lol:

I know that if I saw one flying around my house I'd likely try some target practice on it so I therefore expect the same from my neighbours on this point (and I live in the bush...). The video showing the birds attack it have me suspecting the bald eagles will definitely chase it. If it does get attacked, the chance of locating it is slim in the heavy bush here, swamp regions would be even worse and the many lakes will swallow it whole for sure. Maybe a drone with a bull horn is the best option. :shock:

But hey, I just considered that a guy could also use it for moose spotting...did I say that aloud? :shock: Seems I now hafta buy one for the circuit judges too so they can't ban them here :oops:
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:45 pm

How about where this technology can lead? Seems the theme to Star Wars or Terminator are just a little closer when you watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WSy5SV2dMc
0 x

Singlecell

Postby Singlecell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Knuckle wrote:I too want to play with one but my kids are all grown and gone...that means the excuse that it is for the kids won't sell either. :?

So my new excuse is that I want to sell aerial shots of friends tourist camps to put on their websites. What do you think? Will the wife buy that one? :lol:

I know that if I saw one flying around my house I'd likely try some target practice on it so I therefore expect the same from my neighbours on this point (and I live in the bush...). The video showing the birds attack it have me suspecting the bald eagles will definitely chase it. If it does get attacked, the chance of locating it is slim in the heavy bush here, swamp regions would be even worse and the many lakes will swallow it whole for sure. Maybe a drone with a bull horn is the best option. :shock:

But hey, I just considered that a guy could also use it for moose spotting...did I say that aloud? :shock: Seems I now hafta buy one for the circuit judges too so they can't ban them here :oops:

Just tell her you're getting into photography. Or get a gopro hero3 black man. You motorcycle don't you? Get some wicked footage out of that. Do some editing it's a blast, upload dat shit.
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”