• Advertisement

How good is your lock?

Discussions about Security and Defense
BallisticPrepper

Re: How good is your lock?

Postby BallisticPrepper » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:27 am

Yes, and that reminds me. Don't ever let anyone in your home claiming to be from gas or electric or water companies... Even if they have a clip board and I'd tag hanging from. The neck. They ploy is to scope your house along with your valuable and security system. Then if they like what they see, they will be back within a week or two to take care of business. When I was on the task force, we followed bandits all around the city before we took them out. Same goes for salesmen... Who in their right minds opens thier doors for strangers? I look out and say, have a nice day weirdo... Lol...

That reminds me, I saw a sign in someone's window today.. This house is protected by Glock with a picture of a gun... I know this is bad advertising, however, I found it quite whimsical.
0 x

Preparation

Postby Preparation » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Agree with your comment about people pretending to be from gas/electric/water companies. If they come to your door, you should ask for their ID without even thinking about it as a first approach. Even with the supply of such ID you should still keep in mind that it could potentially be a fake, its a case of using your instincts at times. If something tells you personally that "this isnt right" then it may be a case that you need to check into their credentials further.
0 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Go medieval on a burglar's arse:

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Gatehouse-6-1/2-i ... d/50069795

Across the door with a 2x4 it defeats all lock picks:)
0 x
One is none, two is one.

Return to “Security and Defense”