• Advertisement

Canada's Gun Ban & the NFA's Special Advisory

Discussions about Security and Defense
Salvida

Re: Canada's Gun Ban & the NFA's Special Advisory

Postby Salvida » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Knuckles do you think Canada currently has a pretty good grasp on gun control?
0 x

Salvida

Postby Salvida » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Whether you are for or against gun control I recommend watching this video. It's 30 minutes long but I put it on while washing dishes last night and it was fantastic. If you're a youtuber and a gun guy you've probably came across nutnfancy.

France Pays Dearly: Gun Laws that Welcome Terrori…: http://youtu.be/j7Vf2r7-xTI
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:06 am

I agree with some aspects that NutnFancy says about disarming society. I am not so trusting of any government to protect the people at all times. This allows for corruption and crime to win anywhere at any time.

While I believe in limiting access to certain individuals, but not to the degrees that a complaining neighbour can destroy your credibility without substantial proof to back up their claims. I agree that many criminals would think twice if more folks had weapons on their person. But I know there is alot of responsibility with carrying any weapon on your person when off duty in Canada and that's why many officers therefore don't. Folks get nervous when they see a civilian packing a concealed weapon and unless your ready to wave your badge alot, it's just easier to leave it locked up instead. It is easy to see this guy is an American by his comments alone.

Now for the banning of semi-auto's just because it can be modified is not proper justification in my opinion either. But being in possession of a modified semi to full auto shows criminal intent, as there is no need for full auto mode other than mass killing at close range... so book em Dano!

Have I shown my stand properly now?

There are many who want guns that scare me when they later mention they don't like hunting. That leaves just one purpose really and that is the intent to use it instead on your fellow man. Now there may come a time that you might have to do just such a thing, but I'm betting alot of folks who buy their guns just play with them and never even get to the range much. Just possessing it somehow fills that gap to make folks feel prepared for battle if the need should arise. And it's often this lack of familiarity that gets them in greater trouble as no one functions as well under stressful situations anyways. Unfamiliar guns in nervous hands often kill the wrong persons.

How often do you go to the range and see someone pounding off the rounds? Most often they are taking their time and sighting the weapon after some new mod they made. Few really do shoot a 1000 rounds through their guns as they often proclaim beacuse it is costly and lets not forget you'd wear that gun out quickly doing such things too often. Many target rifles with a high twist ratio are worn out at 1,000 rounds.... just some food for thought! And you'll STILL never know just how good you are until you point it at something living and make it dead instead!

There is a vast difference in my books between a paper puncher and a successful hunter. One is proven while the other remains unproven. There is satisfaction in being a good hunter but there is usually a greater respect for life after you watch something die because you shot it. And if a part of you doesn't truly feel remorse for the killing you just committed, your broken.... go see a shrink before you do something stupid!
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”