• Advertisement

Canada's Gun Ban & the NFA's Special Advisory

Discussions about Security and Defense
Knuckle

Canada's Gun Ban & the NFA's Special Advisory

Postby Knuckle » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Thought folks might be interested in what Canada's National Firearms Association is working on and against presently regarding the gun bans the RCMP are imposing. Here is an update https://nfa.ca/news/canada%E2%80%99s-na ... l-advisory
0 x

Knuckle

Re: Canada's Gun Ban & the NFA's Special Advisory

Postby Knuckle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:28 am

Here is another article about the gun that the RCMP banned and how we should be discussing the RCMP's decision and challenging their actions before more guns make this list. https://nfa.ca/news/canada%E2%80%99s-na ... l-advisory
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:30 am

Speaking of RCMP and gun control (or lack thereof) : http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1900139
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 am

Here's a smart reply from a Police Officer regarding the US trying to ban guns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imw8YGyPgk4

I'd like to see the pencil pushers on the front line instead of hiding in the shadows.

I like this one too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtAAI4xnmzE
0 x

quietman

Postby quietman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:59 am

You do have a plan right?
Yep I have that on permanent paste...
Isn't it interesting how the people that believe so strongly that no guns should exist are the same ones that come running to our door for help when a bad someone wants to hurt them.
Most people that legally own guns do not need them, they have a look in their eyes.
It's the shysters that don't...
I fell for the trap back in the nineties and sold everything, so now I don't have all the cool letters on the back of the government issue. Everything I own and posses is legal and that probably pi$$es them off. Go ahead and ban them all I say. But first take them away from the bad people who want to hurt you.
0 x
Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 pm

quietman wrote:You do have a plan right?
Yep I have that on permanent paste...
Isn't it interesting how the people that believe so strongly that no guns should exist are the same ones that come running to our door for help when a bad someone wants to hurt them.
Most people that legally own guns do not need them, they have a look in their eyes.
It's the shysters that don't...
I fell for the trap back in the nineties and sold everything, so now I don't have all the cool letters on the back of the government issue. Everything I own and posses is legal and that probably pi$$es them off. Go ahead and ban them all I say. But first take them away from the bad people who want to hurt you.

:) You again... :lol:

Nice to see your not being quiet any longer :lol:

If anything, I was really being sarcastic when posting the American perspective on assault weapons. You are aware that I was once a Police officer? In fact it's from having pointed a weapon at another human being (who was armed)with the potential to shoot if need be that gave me this opinion I have today. I too don't believe in the long gun registry and am glad it is supposedly gone. And I put it that way as it seems that the High River incident showed the RCMP were still working with it as they broke into various houses numerous times looking for those guns. (Have you figured out which side of the fence I'm on yet?)

When I lived in the city for over 20 years I had no guns as I considered I didn't need them (other than when I was a P/O of course). As I now live in the country, I do own rifles for hunting, just not assault weapons for killing folks who might try to rob me. I don't promote the purchase of any restricted weapons as too many rights seem to go with even possessing them these days. But then I don't lock my truck as I don't need to do that here as yet either.

I have tried to even explain that many such as a shotgun can fill many requirements in the home defense plan while still being a good hunting weapon. and instead of just talking, I have tried to teach others such things with simple logic thru spreadsheets that show the usefulness of each weapon without the hype. viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5049
I don't promote mankind shooting each other but figure sometimes you still might have to defend yourself from those that do. It'd be likely that many who want the 5.56 NATO for example, would likely be wanting their weapons more for the man-killing aspect as it is not so great for hunting compared to many other possible weapons choices. It may kill a deer on the prairies at long distance, but so will a larger caliber which costs no more and will also tag a moose too... and since you can only carry one gun at a time when hunting anyways, you might want to choose carefully. I doubt many are impressed that the most useful rifle in predicted bad times might be just a pellet rifle. :shock:

But this thread is where I tried to show where Canada's laws are taking us. Seems that new legislation will try to limit many of our choices and therefore folks should know where they stand in this changing world. We have another also dealing with more regulations pertaining to Canada viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4896

As for the "Do I have a plan" question... plan for what? For SHTF? I already live where many would want to be if things got really bad. After here, it's just bush, swamp, more bush, and many, many lakes. Nope, I don't store water. Food, I have enough to get by but don't believe in stockpiling for years that many who frequent here follow. My rationale tells me I know a fair bit about hunting and trust the small community here would work together as usual to overcome obstacles higher populations would fail at. I have skills to barter with many here on a daily basis (as many here already do), surrounded by wood for heat....plenty of game and fish, few humans... After that, who knows, there is always prayer.

I hope you noted at no time I suggest you start shooting your fellow man. This is not a solution and many will draw such a conclusions far too easily without need of prompting from any others. I am indeed God fearing enough that I don't wish to consider shooting my fellow man anytime soon. But I do think we are in for a bumpy ride as it seems the good times must end and tough times are just around the corner. So you might have to try that speech out on someone else (about knocking on doors for help) as I"m betting my "Plan" is likely more realistic and doable than yours likely is.... maybe now is a good time to tell me your plan instead.
0 x

gerryLee

Postby gerryLee » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:57 am

nice thread knucle thanks for bringing it up here ;)
0 x

JackDee

Postby JackDee » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 am

Bad people can find guns anywhere.
So taking guns away from a peaceloving non-threatening civilian is something weird.
Even in a place where it is banned to possess a firearm, some bad guys will just show up with guns.
0 x

Salvida

Postby Salvida » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:33 pm

We may as well ban the use, production, and transportation of drugs too.
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 am

Well, at least were all in agreement that gun laws are nuts these days! ;)

But then how come the government suggest that the majority don't want them as I never seem to meet anyone on that side of this issue, do you?
But we in the north also complain that the folks in southern Ontario perpetrated the banning of the spring bear hunt and yet don't know anything about how this decision affected our region as wee have had an overpopulation of bears ever since. The legislators always proclaim some study showed them this action had to occur but they never show a followup to prove their actions were justified. Seems they can't waste more money on another study, but I'm betting that it is because the numbers might then show they don't know what their doing after all!

I was going to attempt to counter this observation with something positive that has come about with new legislation, but I'm stuck! I can't think of anything that legislation has done to improve things for the better....wonder if the legislators can?
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”