• Advertisement

Defensive raid siren

Discussions about Security and Defense
Allegro

Defensive raid siren

Postby Allegro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Hello all,

Take a look at this VERY cheap / replaceable raid siren you can install by the dozen throughout a defensive position. Second Youtube link is a modified bench grinder. Let me know what you think!

Cheap PVC / ABS siren: http://youtu.be/fA8tWS7fwMk

Bench grinder siren: http://youtu.be/AmGO_S9MtK8

Allegro
0 x

Knuckle

Re: Defensive raid siren

Postby Knuckle » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:18 pm

I dunno but if you wanted to warn others that much, maybe steal a siren off your local cop car.....

Personally, I'm of strong belief that it's a poor set of legs that can't save yer a$$ , so even though I may not be the fastest, I just have to be faster than those others who are behind me creating a distraction while I escape :mrgreen:
0 x

Syn

Postby Syn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 pm

We use an airhorn between the houses to signify something is wrong. Most often it is to scare off coyote near the animals but could also summon help if one were to say get injured out in the barn or something without a cell phone on .
0 x

Allegro

Postby Allegro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Yep!

Just a small added gadget that I'm going to tuck away in the olde noggin. A large tornado siren or air raid siren warning the whole town would be over kill. A security alarm to wake everyone out of bed that can be triggered remotely by trips or sensor and/or LP/OP lookouts is what I had in mind. Kind of like the 'red phone' of alarm clocks :lol:

Sending up a flare isn't always the best perimeter trip. Flares are seen from a distance of course and that sort of attention is a really bad idea. I small buzzer or tiny siren would be enough to mobilize everyone but not so loud that everyone in the county could hear. Besides I like tinkering and gadgets!

Allegro
0 x

Girlcancan

Postby Girlcancan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Knuckle: remind me NOT to be part of your group.
:roll:
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 am

Girlcancan wrote:Knuckle: remind me NOT to be part of your group.
:roll:

Ouch! That hurts. :( (guess it would hurt more if I was into this group thing!)
0 x

Preparation

Postby Preparation » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Saw a nice little red metal one recently for sale on ebay. My team picked up two of them, runs off standard 12v battery. Was loud enough to wake the dead, of course if your prepping for zombies then maybe not the best approach :-P But in all seriousness, they were a nice purchase. Sounded exactly like the old air raid sirens with just the flick of a switch....of course not a good idea to be the one flicking the switch if you liked keeping your ears working into future.....thus we are thinking increasing the length of cable to the switch from the length that they came with when purchased.
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”