• Advertisement

Against a mob

Discussions about Security and Defense
oldschool
Canada

Against a mob

Postby oldschool » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 am

Stupid question here - I got in the middle of a fight tonight. 10 people (may have been more both males and females) against 1 guy. Although those on the side with the greater numbers did not try to hurt me, I took a bit of a...well beating is too strong a word....got hit a lot lol. Is there a method for a single person to stop that many people against 1?

There was a single neighbour that came to help out when he heard my voice and could not see me. I was right in the middle on the ground getting kicked, hit, pulled. I am sure you know what happens with a small mob.

I think there were 8 police cars that showed up after the worst of it was over. I am the only one that came out bloody.

The small mob is only family and there friends. Earlier this year I stopped the son from killing the mother's boyfriend by getting in between them. At that time there were weapons involved. I knew I was in no danger as I was not a threat. This time was different as the main people in the mob were females that had gone berzerk.

My question is - what do I do next time? I do not want the ones that were in the small mob to do anything that they will regret later, nor do I want someone to get beaten to death.
0 x

Glockman1

Re: Against a mob

Postby Glockman1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:16 am

Target the knees with a short kick. Works both standing and from the ground. It will take them out of the fight quickly evening up the numbers. A rapid offensive attack using this tactic will take back the initiative.

GM1
0 x
Chance favours the prepared mind

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 am

Glockman1 wrote:Target the knees with a short kick. Works both standing and from the ground. It will take them out of the fight quickly evening up the numbers. A rapid offensive attack using this tactic will take back the initiative.

GM1

Thank you

I think if I didn't know the people involved I may have fought but all I was trying to do was to stop it not even out the odds
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:28 am

I guess the real question is how do you stop a mob? At least 6 of them were only around 15 years old and beyond reason.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:38 am

I'll send a PM. I don't like giving combat advice where any moron with tough guy fantacies can read it.
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:57 am

The garden hose always works at cooling things. If this is a regular thing, install sprinklers.
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:41 am

Well, as your intent is to break it up, advisaries are not a direct threat to you, though multiple as in a dozen or more.......Pepper spray...wade right into the melee, let loose 360 degrees rotational fire. you will likey get it on yourself...live with it and keep spraying...it will take the fight out of 98% of people right away, and clear the area.....get yourself home grab a 4 liter jug of milk as you go through the kitchen (swearing all the way), head straight to the tub, step in clothes and all, and turn on the shower, strip and dab the milk onto your eyes and any part burning, there will be parts burning you didn't know could burn. You will have a hour of saying when will this end, by about 2 hours you will be more or less ok though you will be thinking never again...
Yes I am giving you advice from experience.... In fact I very much recommend trying it on yourself first...learn from it, the first time is the worst because you don't know how bad it will get or how long it will last, once you have some experience well its bad but something you can deal with, I may even have a bit of a tolerance for it now :shock:
Expect to be charged with assault, but you wont be convicted, it will be thrown out if you were stopping a assault.

One tip...close the eyes, pop them open just to get a since of your position now and then, but if you keep most of it out of your own eyes its really not that bad...Realitively speaking
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:54 am

I forgot, alcohol, I recommend ballies, irish cream is another that's good after pepper spray :D internally applied as needd
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Maple Leaf Pilgrim
Canada

Postby Maple Leaf Pilgrim » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 am

Get some smoke grenades and the next time this happens, pull the pin and toss it into the melee. Don't stand in the middle, force shit to get weird for them and wait for the police services.

-S.
0 x
"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:55 pm

I like the smoke bomb idea...easy to get at some surplus stores or online at fireworks vendors.
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”