• Advertisement

Against a mob

Discussions about Security and Defense
HopeImReady
Canada

Re: Against a mob

Postby HopeImReady » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:49 pm

At the Expo there was Spartan Krav Maga doing demoes. I went to one and they had some great ideas. Might be worthwhile looking into taking some classes with them.

Hope you are ok :( Lovely neighbors..
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks for all the ideas. I like the smoke bomb one. No one gets hurt, it just causes confusion.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Well, on TV, it looks like a shot of a .45 or a .357 fired in the air stops all brawls... I think it would have the added advantage of bringing in (a lot of) cops faster to the scene ;)

More seriously, I love the garden hose idea! If you expect more of those mob situations, maybe it's worth adding another 35' length to your current spool!
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:17 pm

HopeImReady wrote:At the Expo there was Spartan Krav Maga doing demoes. I went to one and they had some great ideas. Might be worthwhile looking into taking some classes with them.

Hope you are ok :( Lovely neighbors..

I spoke to the one gentleman in length at the show. In the next week or two I am to go see him to see if they can do individual classes for me due to my ptsd. I have no problems getting into the middle of things if I have someone to protect (help). The problem is that I swore to myself over 30 years ago that I would not hurt someone again unless I had no choice.

Some time between last night and this morning a lot of my ptsd terror /fear is gone. :mrgreen: I have no clue why. Maybe it is because I know how I will react. I slept like a child for the first time in years. Out working in the garden this morning I was singing. lol

I have been in contact with someone that is going to help teach me about mob control. Some one that was trained to do so. If I didn't know the people involved, my response would have been a lot different. Most of the neighbours on the street are great people. This morning a few of us had a mini meeting to address the issue. Starting tomorrow we will be taking steps to try to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

on a side note - in the morning talk, we found out that a house in the neighbourhood has been rented to members of the Bloods :shock:
0 x

Maple Leaf Pilgrim
Canada

Postby Maple Leaf Pilgrim » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm

oldschool wrote:Thanks for all the ideas. I like the smoke bomb one. No one gets hurt, it just causes confusion.

Confusion is a very effective tool when you're outnumbered and need to make something happen. I think like a predator and always weigh the cost/benefit ratio. In the scenario you painted for me, I would not put myself at risk for no gain. In these kinds of situations you have to think outside the box. When civvies fight, they almost invariably have this fantasy about being the tough guy. They have a predetermined path in their mind for how the fight is supposed to go and once you knock them off their path, they generally don't know how to get back on it.

In this case, meeting force with force would merely escalate the situation, and unless you greatly outnumber those you wish to control, the risk of injury is high. So you meet force with confusion, misdirection and uncertainty. I can't count how many times small units have been saved by a well placed head shot on a charismatic leader, the judicious placement of a few mines, a mortar barrage of smoke, dropping a pinned fragmentation grenade on the floor or even the creative placement of a road sign.

-S.
0 x
"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:55 pm

I have been talking to the person that is trained in mob control. This is kind of the summary of our talk on the specifics of what happened with past week:

- what the heck were you thinking, you never ever put yourself in that kind of spot
- my reaction to this was - wouldn't you have helped the 1 against the 10, he refused to answer lol
-the next time, lock myself in my house; do not feel guilty for not helping as a single person or a couple of people against a mob will always loose unless they run

The other bit of "advise" from another trained person was more or less:

- if it is family or friends that are in trouble, don't try to just stop the fight
-try to get the person to safety
-if that is not possible, make sure the police are being called by someone on the block and fight to hurt

Both people told me to get proper training.
0 x

jonesy

Postby jonesy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Never seen a smoke grenade for sale.. I envy your local surplus store!
0 x
One is none, two is one.

Maple Leaf Pilgrim
Canada

Postby Maple Leaf Pilgrim » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 am

jonesy wrote:Never seen a smoke grenade for sale.. I envy your local surplus store!

http://www.ammosupply.ca/shop/kit/283/

Try that one.

-S.
0 x
"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

Singlecell

Postby Singlecell » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:42 am

Assail them first with bear spray, followed by molotov cocktails, and finish off what's still concious with 00 buckshot.
0 x

Devil_dog_3500
Canada

Postby Devil_dog_3500 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:04 am

Stay out of it, you cannot, and will not be able to control from the center. That is why 8 cops showed up not 1 or 2. A mob mentality will run together if you start with violence it will respond with more violence.
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”