• Advertisement

2016 unplanned Security Test

Discussions about Security and Defense
farmgal
Canada

Re: 2016 unplanned Security Test

Postby farmgal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:21 pm

Thank you for the updates and do keep us informed if you can.. Very interesting to see what will come out in the wash.
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:50 am

DaScribbler wrote:I was thinking that the whole situations I have playing out here really doesn't fit into a Prepper kind of forum, but at the same time I guess it shows a real world example of why we need to prepare.

I believe this very wells fit in a preppers' forum for the same reason you mentioned. I also read today an article about a senior lady waiting 6.5 hours for an ambulance in the suburbs of Montreal after she broke her femur. Like your incident, this was a complete failure of the emergency system. I agree that sometimes, local resources are tied up, but leaving someone waiting is unacceptable. Even units responding from another community would have arrived faster in both your case and the senior lady's.

The point is that even in "normal" times we may be left hanging by emergency responders, so the situation would simply be worse during any kind of crisis. Preppers - heck people overall - need to be better prepared to handle emergencies on their own, may it be through advanced first aid training or by having the means to defend themselves (and be mostly immune to criminal justice if reasonably acting in self-defence).

Hang in there and keep up the fight. I'm glad you contacted your representatives, maybe things will change, eventually.
0 x

DaScribbler
Canada

Postby DaScribbler » Fri May 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Well the RCMP Reports are in and all Investigations are now closed.

In reports dated May 11th the RCMP investigators cleared themselves of any wrong doing or Negligence in failing to show up at a Break and Entry in progress at my address on January 1st of this year (no surprise there) and made me out to be a wack job/loser who was simply wasting their time (my interpretation). The Blue Wall of Silence strikes again.

I know several RCMP Officers, they are good people and I have nothing against any of them, but after this situation and all I've been through as a result of it, I can honestly say I have no respect for the RCMP as an organization. In fact, I think I feel sorry for the good people who work for them.

The lesson from all this (something we already know) never depend on the RCMP to save you. When seconds count, they're hours away, assuming they show up at all.
0 x
DaScribbler

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Sat May 14, 2016 3:55 am

Sorry to hear that you didn't get much satiywith the report. Having the context of the event in writing, along with this written answer remains valuable IMHO. This in the event that someone ever (unfortunately) find themselves in a position of having to resolve to force to protect self. Your incident could be used as a reference (precedent?) to demonstrate that one couldn't realistically rely only on police response as they may not turn up and that, therefore, violence was necessary to stop the aggression.
0 x

Return to “Security and Defense”