• Advertisement

Good survival courses?

(Wilderness/Urban Survival), (BOB/BOL/INCH/ETC), (Shelters)
Kirkscape

Good survival courses?

Postby Kirkscape » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey guys, first time posting after being a reader for a while. Time to give back a little and look for more specific info.

Anyone know of some good courses you can do to start being a survivalist? I'm very much a newb so looking to get up to speed and start learning. I found one website that has some reviews of some good courses (http://escapeevasionsurvivaltraining.com/) but I want to cast my net as wide as possible. Anybody know of any other sites that give good reviews like this?

Looking forward to your feedback!
0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Re: Good survival courses?

Postby HopeImReady » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:37 am

With the exception of some of the genuine wilderness/bushcraft courses, I wonder if a single all-purpose "survival" course would really be suitable..or just a scam.

I think one approach would be to determine what skills you have, which ones you lack, and then go from there. For example, do you feel you need to be more prepared with food preservation? Firearms? Self defence? Amateur radio? First aid? Homestead-type skills like beekeeping or gardening? Civil emergency response? Much of this type of training is available but from different people/places. Sometimes your provincial or local government does it for free if you are a volunteer. You will find others who are doing it for the same objective but they will not be vocal about it :)

What area are you in?
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Kirkscape

Re: Good survival courses?

Postby Kirkscape » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Wow, some great advice. I'm in TN now. I'm sure there's plenty around, I just gotta start looking.
0 x

Return to “Survive and Thrive”