• Advertisement

Great Silver Coin Deal

(Equipment Exchange/Classifieds)
Forum rules
Post classified adds for prepper related items here. Adds for firearms and live amunition, as well as any item requiring a PAL are not permitted. The International Preppers Network is in no way responsible for any transactions carried out by it's members. Buyer and seller beware.
anitapreciouspearl

Re: Great Silver Coin Deal

Postby anitapreciouspearl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 pm

The extra cost makes sense - I would want the real thing in my hands too. That was very helpful. I want the big box - it's only $17 000.00 :) ...maybe I should just start with a few!
0 x
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 pm

We had gold for a good while but when it got over a thousand, we took the profit, we have some gold, some silver and a small amount of gems.. and lots of rarer rock/gem/fossil

Funny story, so hubby's ma owned a rock and gem shop and Dh is by trade a geologist, and so he has a pretty good collection of things and so I decided that they are rocks and I would use some of the raw rubies/emeralds etc etc as the top rocks in the flowering pots in the windows, and this kinda ugly grey rock was placed into one, I didn't like it, and put it in a hidden spot, two days later its back out in the show off spot, so I move it again..

Finally, third time this happens, I pick it up and go to hubby to find out what the heck is so special about this huck of rock and as I am talking to him, I am kinda picking at this " cystral spot" on it, and he looks and me an say.. would you please stop picking at the diamond.. Turns out it was a rare peice of kimberlight from the first NWT diamond mine that had cracked so that the raw diamond was half in and half out of the rock.. needless to say, its still ugly but it has a place of honor on the shelves..

FG
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:11 am

I know that feeling well. :)
0 x

albertasaurus

Postby albertasaurus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:25 am

IMO. I agree, $20 for the 7.96 grams is more of a collector coin. I agree with cernunnos5, stick with the 1 oz. Leaf.
0 x
" Those willing to give up liberty for security deserve niether and will lose both " ??

Lee Enfield
Canada

Postby Lee Enfield » Sun May 12, 2013 5:17 pm

You can order 1oz silver Maples at any Royal Bank. You have to have an account so I opened a savings account and keep a tiny balance. When I order silver rounds, the teller tells me what the cost is going to be and then I deposit a cheque into the account. They take out the required amount and the coins come into the bank within a week. Shipping and handling is $7.00.

They always ask me why I want silver. I usually just say that I like the feel of it.

One interesting note: I asked how many other people ordered silver and gold at that bank and was told that I was the only one.

Okay, one more note: I order the mint's $20 silver coin for $20.00 for Christmas gifts. They come in a nice card and it is a great way to get relatives into silver.
0 x
"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

"The man who has a garden and a library has everything." - Cicero

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:56 am

Lee Enfield wrote:You can order 1oz silver Maples at any Royal Bank. You have to have an account so I opened a savings account and keep a tiny balance. When I order silver rounds, the teller tells me what the cost is going to be and then I deposit a cheque into the account. They take out the required amount and the coins come into the bank within a week. Shipping and handling is $7.00.

They always ask me why I want silver. I usually just say that I like the feel of it.

One interesting note: I asked how many other people ordered silver and gold at that bank and was told that I was the only one.

Okay, one more note: I order the mint's $20 silver coin for $20.00 for Christmas gifts. They come in a nice card and it is a great way to get relatives into silver.

Great post, dude. RBC has got to be usefull for something other than debt slavery
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

zoom1200

Postby zoom1200 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:59 pm

looks like most places are out of the 1oz silver bars right now
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Wonder why someone hasn't started making guns out of silver? Then you could lug around your valuables and feel secure that you have something to trade when you no longer need your gun. I'm betting that if SHTF folks won't trade quickly for much other than basic essentials they require for continued existence. Most middlemen will be removed from the picture leaving a seal between just those in need and those who have it. Sad to say but likely "bullets will get you more bang for your buck."
0 x

HaliBoy

Postby HaliBoy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 am

Sorry guys but the $20 for $20 is a lie. Only circulating currency have a face value accepted at banks. There have been many articles about this about people trying to cash these coins in with banks and the banks saying no.

I love misinformation spread on survival sites :roll:

http://www.thestar.com/business/2012/07 ... d_way.html
0 x
Why did I join Canadian Preppers Network?
Well I was going to join the UK Network but those bloody Brits don't know how to speak proper English! ;-)

Return to “Barter/Sales”