• Advertisement

Great Silver Coin Deal

(Equipment Exchange/Classifieds)
Forum rules
Post classified adds for prepper related items here. Adds for firearms and live amunition, as well as any item requiring a PAL are not permitted. The International Preppers Network is in no way responsible for any transactions carried out by it's members. Buyer and seller beware.
OffThePath

Great Silver Coin Deal

Postby OffThePath » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

It is that time of year when the Royal Canadian Mint puts out there $20 coin for the cost of $20...9999 pure silver, can't get much better than that. We purchase the max allowable (3) per household per year, to add to our collection.

here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/coin_e ... rod1620005

Cheers
OffThePath
Last edited by OffThePath on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Gravlore

Re: Great Silver Coin Deal

Postby Gravlore » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Good deal only for even trade on fiat currency since its face value is $20.

It weights 7.96 grams which is .26 troy oz. For its silver content you are paying around $78 per troy oz which is around $46 over spot currently. It is more of a collectable. Still worth more than money IMO.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Yes, that was my thought too. Stick with 1 ounce mapleleafs. Its recognisable by any that would trade in silver. Sorry to rune your buzz
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

OffThePath

Postby OffThePath » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Your not ruining my buzz at all C5. My son and I collect coins, and this is the best deal for a pure silver coin out there. It's face value of $20 and cost of $20 means it will forever be worth $20 (assuming life continue's as it is now), and then can only rise in value as last year's release sold out in days, and is already trading for more than face value.

I am not looking for accolades nor trying to justify, just informing. If you are not interested, then that is fine. I appreciate Gravlore's detailed breakdown of value, and take it for that...your point I am unsure of, except to "rune your buzz".

It was an FYI post, if you don't want the information then I guess you could ignore.

Cheers
OffThePath
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Oops. No disrespect was intended. That was an apologetic comment. We just wanted to share with you that 1 full ounce is at 32$ at the moment (with no where to go but up) as oposed to a quarter of that much silver for 20$. There is the collecter vallue and in the unlikely event of a silver value crash (wich has happened before but unlikely at this low price) your coin will still be worth 20
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

OffThePath

Postby OffThePath » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 am

cernunnos5 wrote:Oops. No disrespect was intended. That was an apologetic comment. We just wanted to share with you that 1 full ounce is at 32$ at the moment (with no where to go but up) as oposed to a quarter of that much silver for 20$. There is the collecter vallue and in the unlikely event of a silver value crash (wich has happened before but unlikely at this low price) your coin will still be worth 20

Appreciate that C5, perhaps I misread...

Cheers
OffThePath
0 x

anitapreciouspearl

Postby anitapreciouspearl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Could someone please keep talking about 1 ounce maple leafs - pretend I'm in grade 5. Where do you buy one? How do you figure out it's worth? and anything else you would care to share.
0 x
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm

1oz Maples I buy from http://silvergoldbull.com/ I know there are a lot of good retailers out there and many poor. My shipment came in as ordered and pretty fast. I heard in the USA they have sold out of 2013 silver liberties already.

Here is a direct link to silver maples. Well worth a few extra dollars in a roll to have the .9999 vs the .999 purity IMO.

http://silvergoldbull.com/silver-bullio ... -leaf-coin

http://silvergoldbull.com/silver-bullio ... ilver-coin
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 pm

As far as the worth of bullion I go to CNBC.com and near the top right of the page there are 5 tabs ( US/Europe/Asia/Oil/Gold)
click the gold tab and you get spot prices for Gold, silver and copper. By scolling over the "Markets" tab you will see a commodities area in which you can click as well.

Silvergoldbull should have prices listed on top of their site as well. Remember that delievery of real bullion has a premium over the GLD (gold) and SLV (silver) ETF's (Exchange Traded Funds) paper market, hence a larger price than spot.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Oh ya, and Silver especially can be a wild and volatile metal in the markets. I hold onto it no matter what. If I need it in old age then I guess I can cash some out at the right time TAX FREE. It is a storage of wealth plain and simple.
0 x

Return to “Barter/Sales”