• Advertisement

Welcome to Portugal Preppers NetWork

urbanpolice

Welcome to Portugal Preppers NetWork

Postby urbanpolice » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Welcome to Portugal Preppers Network, hope to see many preppers Portuguese.
See also our website: http://portugalpreppersnetwork.weebly.com/
I hope to share what is happening in Portugal about community Prepper and can also receive help from other preppers other countries.

respects
Urbanpolice
Founder of PPN - Portugal Preppers Network
Last edited by urbanpolice on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Urbanpolice (PPN - Portugal Preppers Network)

susannah755

Re: Welcome to Portugal Preppers NetWork

Postby susannah755 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Great to see the PPN up and running - well done Urbanpolice
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

urbanpolice

Postby urbanpolice » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Thank susannah755, hope to enlist the help of all preppers other countries especially those of Portugal.

respects
Urbanpolice
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:41 am

Olá UrbanPolice estou usando um programa de tradução, espero que ele seja compreensível. Qual a área de preparo está interessado?
0 x

urbanpolice

Postby urbanpolice » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Hello susannah755,

I also am using a translation program. What you wrote, it is perceived very well. I am open to all kind of preparation, but here in Portugal'm facing more disasters (earthquake) and now the economic collapse. I'm also becoming more self-sufficient. And susan what kind of preparation are you doing?

respects
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 am

I'm living in a bushfire area so that is my major fear, but I am also seeing signs of economic difficulties. I am also on the road to self-sufficiency because we all need to eat. I have a rainwater tank to collect clean water for drinking and also for watering food plants, I have a small area to grow food in so all the fruit trees, berries and vegetables and really getting squashed in. I dehydrate as much excess produce as I can to reduce the feelings of "panic" when I see the prices increasing in the markets. I believe that our climate is similar to yours so that gives us a good head start with a reasonably long growing season. I read a lot - mainly permaculture and food growing books, sustainable living, self-sufficiency, natural health, and also studying to become a Naturopath. My food is mainly vegetarian but I also eat fish. Are you on a large property?
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:59 am

There are some Prepper links to useful information in the International Preppers area:
viewforum.php?f=80
0 x

urbanpolice

Postby urbanpolice » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello Susannah755, you're really preparing very well, the weather in Portugal is usually very good for growing various types of food plants and fruit trees. I unfortunately live in an area of ​​apartments so I have a small farm about 5 minutes from my house with some vegetables and chickens, as well as some posts rainwater. In the area where I live is closer to the capital Lisbon, so my biggest fear will be an earthquake like what happened in Portugal in 1755. And now that the economic crisis is for all the world especially here in Portugal. I love to read anything that has to do with preparation and self-sufficiency, well know survival techniques.
I love to exchange ideas with other preppers friends because knowledge does not take place.

P.S: Thanks for the link address.

regards,
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 am

It sounds like you are doing very nicely too UrbanPolice. Great idea about having the little farm close to home- that way you have the best of both worlds. I can understand you being concerned about a major earthquake - I only know the basics of what to do if an earthquake hits because I've only felt a couple that were centred quite a way from where I live. I need to work on that aspect of prepping as it has recently been pointed out to me by another Australian that volcanic activity and earthquakes can occur where I live. It was a bit scary to learn that, but I'll feel a little more confident when I know exactly what to do. I guess wanting to know how to cope with a crisis is what makes us preppers.
0 x

ritapt1982

Postby ritapt1982 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

Hello, i am new to this forum, and I am just introducing myself.
Hi, my name is Rita, I'm from the center of Portugal, Very close to Serra da Estrela, and I am very eager to learn more about prepping for a calamity.

I hope to meet nice people and learn more about prepping.

Best regards

Rita
0 x

Return to “Portugal Preppers Network”