• Advertisement

40,000 ebooks from Project Gutenberg

Use this place to post links to prepper related sites.
Give a brief description and the link.
Please no self advertising here!
oldschool
Canada

40,000 ebooks from Project Gutenberg

Postby oldschool » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 pm

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/ ... =downloads

Terms of use for the Project Gutenberg website as of January 1, 2014.

Book Copyright
Our ebooks may be freely used in the United States because most are not protected by U.S. copyright law, usually because their copyrights have expired. They may not be free of copyright in other countries. If you live outside of the United States, you must check the copyright laws of your country before downloading or redistributing our ebooks. We also have a number of copyrighted titles, for which the copyright holder has given permission for unlimited non-commercial worldwide use.

This website is intended for human users only. Any perceived use of automated tools to access this website will result in a temporary or permanent block of your IP address.

If you want to download many books[1] manually or using an automated download software, download them from one of our mirrors, not from the main site. See the list of PG mirrors and the roboting guidelines.
If you want a list of all our books, download and save the Gutenberg index file. It can be opened with every browser or word processor.
If you want a machine-readable database of all our books, read the Feeds page.
If you are behind a proxy or VPN because you want anonymity[2] or because of company or school policy, you may be blocked because other users of the same address are misbehaving. Try turning the proxy or VPN off.
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: 40,000 ebooks from Project Gutenberg

Postby Denob » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Woohoo!
Time to load up the ereader!
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Good post Old School. I like that you even mention rules of download as some might not have considered these aspects when grabbing quantities. I enjoy reading books in epub mainly as these book formats are small files and layout adjusts to the readers preferences.

I have a specific eBook tablet which is black and white only on a flatmatt screen and can be read even in direct sunlight. They don't cost much ($50) and is far easier to hold than a book would be itself. I find it is used most bedside when trying to knock myself out and often something to carry to the can too! :lol:
0 x

Goldie
Canada

Postby Goldie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Weeeh !!! :D

More building of our free library.
0 x

JamesP

Postby JamesP » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 am

www.archive.org probably the biggest resource, it also includes google books.
0 x

Return to “Prepper Links”