• Advertisement

The Prepared Canadian Podcast

Please remember...
1 topic heading per member
No transactions are allowed on this site
Forum rules
Use this space to post your prepper related business. Members are limited to 1 topic heading. You may use this topic to advertise, promote, and answer questions from other members. No transactions may be made on the forum...please direct clients to your website or place of business to conduct transactions. You must apply to join the "member buisiness" group in your user control panel in order to be able to post a thread in this area.
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: The Prepared Canadian Podcast

Postby Denob » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm

This week on The Prepared Canadian Podcast the topic is prepping 101, or where to begin. This is the first in a 2 part series, where I’ll discuss the most basic needs and some of the solutions to getting through a disaster. We’ll talk about knowing what to prepare for, keeping your home ready to deal with the first few days of a disaster, and what the basic needs are. As well, I’ll offer a few suggestions for basic supplies and gear. In this first part, most of the suggestions will be targeting the home owner, but part 2 will give the average apartment dweller some solutions that are specific to their problems.
Also, I’ll be discussing a significant change to the forum and explain my reasons for making this change, which have proven unpopular by some members. Unfortunately in life, you can’t please everyone all of the time, but this change is paramount to bringing preparedness into the minds of everyday people who have dismissed preppers as a fringe group.
Saturday at 7PM Eastern on my blog, or by visiting http://prepperbroadcasting.com/
0 x

Faraday

Postby Faraday » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you. I was going to join the crowd of hate mailers if the show didn't come back (just kidding). :lol:
The show idea sounds good and I'm looking forward to it.
0 x
If your home library contains more volumes about survival-related topics than your local public library, you might be a prepper.

runswithscissors

Postby runswithscissors » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:30 pm

I've finally got up to date on all the broadcasts. I'd like to pipe up and voice my appreciation for your efforts in doing this. I have some frugal (code for no extra cash :? ) living experience, and I'm finding the gaps in my knowledge being filled in by listening to shows such as this, and I enjoy it the more that its Canadian content, to which I can better relate.

As for the show that the rant was on, while I may not necessarily agree with all points made they are important to air. It Can probably be agreed by most, if not all, that it is very very easy to get completely swept up in the prepped mindset and some can get just recluse and overly paranoid about a great many things. It's shows such these ranty ones that can help bring people back to the ground. I for one agree and like that we are reminded that during a trying time, we are all in it together in some forms or another.

Thanks for that
0 x
Runs With Scissors

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Many Canadians feel that we need Castle laws in order to be able to use force to defend ourselves and our properties. Many also don’t know about the new laws that came into effect last summer. This week, we’ll take a look at the laws now in place that relate to defence of person and property here in Canada. Do the go too far? Do they not go far enough? There are always 2 sides to consider when we talk about issues such as this. Many people believe that anyone entering your home should be met with whatever force the homeowner deems appropriate, while still others fear of overzealous gun owners taking advantage and acting as on the spot judge, jury, and executioner.

Also, we’ll have a quick product review of the No Rinse line of waterless personal hygien products from Clean Life.

The show will be available on my blog as of 7PM EST

OR

Visit Prepper Bradcasting for this and many other interesting shows.
0 x

TotalPrepare

Postby TotalPrepare » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks for all your hard work Denob!! Keeping the converted challenged and informed and hopefully spreading the "prepper" word to those not yet on board.

Cheers!
0 x
Looking for Emergency Preparedness Supplies? Total Prepare Inc. is dedicated to providing Canadians with the best emergency preparedness products and self reliance solutions. http://totalprepare.ca

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Some of you may already know Tom Martin as the founder of the American Preppers Network. But did you know that he is also the man responsible for the Canadian Preppers Network blog as well as this site?
Well, now you have a chance to get to know him better...Tom is starting up a podcast with my buddies over at the Prepper Broadcasting Network called Galt Strike.
His show premiers today at 7PM EST and you can listen live here...
http://prepperbroadcasting.com/2013/02/ ... lt-strike/
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:15 pm

No matter how well prepared your home is, no matter how much food you have, no matter how well dug in you may be, there may come a time when the forces of nature or other issues could force you to leave your home at a moment's notice. This is known as bugging out, and every prepper should have a plan to do so. It's not as easy as grabbing your bug out bag and heading out into the wilderness though, and there are a lot of things to consider, such as when to go, where to go, and how to get there. We'll talk about being ready to get out of dodge and some of the things you need to do in advance of having to do so.
Also, we'll have some announcements regarding the IPN forum, take a look at some of the more popular topics, and have a peek at what's been posted over at the Canadian Preppers Network Blog. Also, don't forget that the polls regarding Canadian castle laws are still open, so make your vote count, and I'll share the results to date.
7PM EST tonight...just click on the link in my signature!
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

OK folks, I need some help from the members here. I am looking for people with specific experience in various field related to preparedness to be guests on the podcast and also to post articles on our blog site. Are you a gunsmith, experienced home canner, blacksmith, small farmer etc? Would you be interested in posting articles on the blog or being a guest on the podcast? If so, then I want to hear from you! Send me a PM or email, and let me know what topics you have a particular "expertise" in and we can get you set up!
0 x

denob test account
Topic Leader

Postby denob test account » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm

test post
0 x

denob test account
Topic Leader

Postby denob test account » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:23 pm

test post