• Advertisement

Arc Continuity

Please remember...
1 topic heading per member
No transactions are allowed on this site
Forum rules
Use this space to post your prepper related business. Members are limited to 1 topic heading. You may use this topic to advertise, promote, and answer questions from other members. No transactions may be made on the forum...please direct clients to your website or place of business to conduct transactions. You must apply to join the "member buisiness" group in your user control panel in order to be able to post a thread in this area.
ArcContinuity

Re: Arc Continuity

Postby ArcContinuity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Syn wrote:So it is more like a rental storage locker that you have stocked with supplies . How do you determine the amount and quality , for instance some people carry a few bandaids in their wallet and others have a dolly with medical bags and crates of equipment they consider adequate . Some people stock 1500 calories a day in a few plastic containers , others have stocked with full meal plans in mind similar to what they eat that would fill shelf upon shelf with food items we are familiar cooking with . You have a provisional plan so what is that offering exactly ? Also what is the minimal term of the contract ?

We do not offer the facility as a bring-your-own supplies service. We provide the (6 months for example) provisions to the clients and dedicate a storage space to them. They are welcome to provide us any important criteria such as religion, allergies, medical, personal preferences, etc. Thus negating the issue of what people THINK they know about what and how much they need.

The minimal term is 1 year. Clients will receive IMMEDIATE access to their provisions upon the first months payment, if the plan is under 1 year of provisions. Given we "front" the cost of the provisions for immediate access, we may require additional time for any amount of provisions after 1 year supply, but at minimum 1 year will be made available immediately.
0 x
www.ArcContinuity.com

ArcContinuity

Postby ArcContinuity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:58 pm

I will say that these comments and dialogue have inspired myself and brought some new ideas to light. Maybe some additions to the system. I will be pleasantly bringing these ideas to the table at our meeting tonight. I will update with the first posting with any news and I will further break down the business as your comments have made me to realize is very necessary. This will carry over to the website as well. Thanks again for the comments.
0 x
www.ArcContinuity.com

Goldie
Canada

Postby Goldie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:42 pm

My thoughts on this are , many on this forum already have large storage of items they have selected.
We share ideas / tips / how to / etc etc for free

We have no monthly fee for this. We can eat / consume / use our supplies and then replenish as they wish or not wish.

It is already expensive for preppers to accumulate supplies , not to mention paying someone else to help you do it.
Sorry , this idea is not for me.

From what I've read so far, I would be afraid that when the time came , if I kept my monthly fee going over the years,
that my supplies would become out of date, or that in the event I needed to use them, myself and everyone would be locked out
and what we would find is that we had actually foot the bill for someone else to accumulate all these supplies for their use, and not ours.

Many of us like to have hands on our supplies , and many have them in more than 1, 2 or 3 locations as a backup.
And we like to check on them, and rotate them. etc etc.

There is not enough on your website to tell us what you actually offer. I thought what you were offering was
the building of hidden underground bunkers , or a secret BOL community. Your website seems to be very secret in
telling what you really do offer. Not sure what the point of your website is then . Are your 3 staff people the people in the photo ?

In the event of SHTF , people might not be able to travel via car to pick up supplies, roads might be blocked,
gas might be limited or expensive. To be able to get to " tim-buck-two " location might not be easy or convenient
and many would like to have a BOL when they get there, not have to cart a load back home in a backpack or
a wheelbarrow.

There is no community network here, if this is for people that are newbies , and need leadership, will there
be leadership for them in a SHTF. Do you just go to the storage location and get some supplies ?
Is there someone there to hand them out ?

And under what circumstances can people draw from their supplies ?
Some people prep for a rainy day for when they are out of work . Would they have to fill in a form to take stuff out if there
is no disaster or SHTF ?

I'm with you Knuckle
0 x

ArcContinuity

Postby ArcContinuity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:12 am

Goldie wrote:My thoughts on this are , many on this forum already have large storage of items they have selected.
We share ideas / tips / how to / etc etc for free

We have no monthly fee for this. We can eat / consume / use our supplies and then replenish as they wish or not wish.

It is already expensive for preppers to accumulate supplies , not to mention paying someone else to help you do it.
Sorry , this idea is not for me.

From what I've read so far, I would be afraid that when the time came , if I kept my monthly fee going over the years,
that my supplies would become out of date, or that in the event I needed to use them, myself and everyone would be locked out
and what we would find is that we had actually foot the bill for someone else to accumulate all these supplies for their use, and not ours.

Many of us like to have hands on our supplies , and many have them in more than 1, 2 or 3 locations as a backup.
And we like to check on them, and rotate them. etc etc.

There is not enough on your website to tell us what you actually offer. I thought what you were offering was
the building of hidden underground bunkers , or a secret BOL community. Your website seems to be very secret in
telling what you really do offer. Not sure what the point of your website is then . Are your 3 staff people the people in the photo ?

In the event of SHTF , people might not be able to travel via car to pick up supplies, roads might be blocked,
gas might be limited or expensive. To be able to get to " tim-buck-two " location might not be easy or convenient
and many would like to have a BOL when they get there, not have to cart a load back home in a backpack or
a wheelbarrow.

There is no community network here, if this is for people that are newbies , and need leadership, will there
be leadership for them in a SHTF. Do you just go to the storage location and get some supplies ?
Is there someone there to hand them out ?

And under what circumstances can people draw from their supplies ?
Some people prep for a rainy day for when they are out of work . Would they have to fill in a form to take stuff out if there
is no disaster or SHTF ?

I'm with you Knuckle

I'm sure your concerns are genuine. And I will address them as so.

We do not charge a monthly fee for information. Nowhere is that stated.

It seems to be that people are painting their own picture with their imagination. You guys or the people that frequent this forum are not the only people out there who prepare. It's actually trickled down in sorts from the more common practices into the modern prepping culture we have today. Note that I am aware of its practice in the rural areas throughout any given point in history, wealthy or not people prepared, year after year.

The supplies will not become out of date. They will be routinely rotated and replaced for the clients.

I understand that it is expensive to prep, but I do not find reason behind your point of it being difficult to add an additional expense. This program is not intended to be used in addition ones own prepping practice. Think of it like insurance. You pay monthly for the "what if". Our form doesn't pay out when "SHTF" because clearly, as knuckle pointed out, it would be difficult to govern that and ensure that we actually do provide what has been paid for.

I am definitely sorry for the confusion of the website. I will address this in tonight's meeting. But no, it is not push the creation of a BOL or community, arch, etc.

I can see your concerns on transporting the supplies from the facility to any given destination. That is to be considered by the client when purchasing a given amount. They may wish to break a 4 year supply into 2 or 3 locations. Giving you plan A, B & C. or to hold them over throughout their routed path to a end location. Regardless of needing to get to our facility, transport of supplies or personnel is already to be considered and prepared for by each individual and I can't see how routing to the facility would create any more preemptive preparedness beyond what one must do already.

As with any form of preparedness, we do not provide any form of leadership, guidance or support during an event beyond the allotted provisions. As stated, we do encourage people to continue to learn and train for an emergency. There is no form to take remove the provisions but the units will be kept-up monthly. Meaning the units and their contents will be checked once a month to ensure they are sound and up to snuff.
0 x
www.ArcContinuity.com

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:00 am

So here is what I have understood so far...

You are running a service that works like car insurance. Your not even spilling a hint as to what these prices are for this service. You are trying to capitalize on the fact that no event will occur for [x]= alloted period of time and statistically have deduced that you can make [y]= dollars over [z]= time frame.

You likely have some deal with various properties that the presently empty and on the market. You might take a few measures to make them truly secure to properly meet the criteria of a SHTF scenario but only ones that aren't too expensive. I'm betting that you hold title or have access rights to said properties and they are of little present value in a bad location and market value has owners just sitting on them anyways. You probably already provide a security service to these locations and have thus installed webcams and such to reduce costs of patrolling them. I'm also betting that you will even offer customer access to some website cameras and maybe one pointing at some food rations too.....all for how much?

You came up with this scheme that you could provide this type of service to the public and make a killing. As this is a new concept, there are no regulatory requirements preset by the government so you can make up whatever concept and call it foolproof. You are likely posting here to further work out the bugs in your ponzi scheme and fill in holes to your sales pitch.

There is no room for profit unless work on a % factor as an insurance company would. But for them, they are required to meet preset criteria such as having a set reserve for payouts. You are not only offering residence, but also are willing to rotate food for a specific number of people at said location for how long? You would cram 50 persons into a specified location with considerations to such as power outages and no water? You would cram 50 strangers together without consideration of age, sex and maybe mental state? How could you guarantee one's safety from others within your premises?

There are just too many factors for this concept to be a valid option for an affordable price. I'm betting at the first sign of a real SHTF scenario, you and yours are not there to ensure customer safety. Your contracts would likely require a good lawyer to find the loopholes but I'm sure there are back doors to escape all liability on your behalf. You may be a former P/O but such things as this proposal would give me doubts if you were to have my back. You are not being out front and only answer indirectly on any given topic. This aspect alone is why I doubt the legitimacy of this service.

I hope others continue to keep asking more questions so we can see all and learn from your answers. We have a few members here who have created or are still trying to create a Utopian society in these unstable times. They hold nothing back when asked questions and their sincerity shows in their answers. And they are part of these communities, working hard to measure neighbours properly so a bad apple doesn't spoil the party. Can you say the same?
0 x

Goldie
Canada

Postby Goldie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 am

I'm with you Knuckle.

However I did not think he was offering any residence at all for the 50 families buying supplies through him.
I thought it was just a storage unit of prepping supplies, at a secret location. You need a wheelbarrow to drag them home.

Dont' forget when the hydro goes off and the internet crashes, you won't be able to monitor the building to see if it is safe.

If he was offering residence at that location, it would be more than 50 people as often a family has more than one person .

Don't forget there is profit to me made by buying in bulk for all those 50 families supplies and then
charging the full price to each buyer. You are not allowed to bring in your own supplies. DING DING :idea:

The more I think about this, the more I don't like about it.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:55 am

Here's what I gather so far : for the same reasons I have physical precious metals instead of buying them into a virtual account, I think this service breaks one of the Cardinal prepper rule: if you can't hold it, you don't own it.

Good luck with your endeavour, but it's not for me.
0 x

Goldie
Canada

Postby Goldie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:39 am

EXACTLY Helicopilot - I totally agree with your statement.
I think this service breaks one of the Cardinal prepper rule: if you can't hold it, you don't own it.

As I already said, this is not for me.
This idea is ridiculous , you would find in SHTF the joke would be on you , your supplies would not be there.

Somebody else has total control over everything.

If we have trouble trusting our neighbor , I am sure not going to trust a strange business that I know even less
that I found on the web to hold all my supplies in " tim-buck-2 " , that also doesn't seem to have any
references, or any projects to show even for what they've done for themselves , which makes me think there really
are no projects yet.

Is this another test to see if we can spot a SCAM .
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 am

Folks,

I think that collectively, we fail to offer the courtesy that should be extended to any new member. So far, the posters have offered their opinions, but we nonetheless have to remain courteous and polite despite one's personal point-of-view.

Arc Continuity is an entrepreneur and may have found a niche that some may find advantageous.

I would suggest we remain civil while offering an opportunity to Mr ArcContinuity the opportunity to offer his services without jumping to conclusions and offering a group lynching. Maybe with some tweaking, his entrepreunarial approach may lead to some sort of well sought after service or product. That said, the current business model doesn't sit right with me.
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:21 am

Let me be the first to say I love a good linching...have rope, stool , and will travel...but dont have the apietite when they squarely state thier business, wish more were up front.....much more bothered by the indirect and decietful.
Have a futher post when I get more time, otherwise welcome.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Return to “Member Businesses”