• Advertisement

Cookware

Post pictures of your prepper projects here.
PrepHer
Canada

Cookware

Postby PrepHer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Here's a picture of some of my cast iron cookwear. The set in the top right is one I bought at a garage sale for $2. You can see the difference in the patina between those and the well used frypans - the frypan on the left I picked up for 25 cents (I also have a 'one egg' frypan and a cast iron kettle that was on my wood cookstove, that aren't in the picture). Many say 'Taiwan' stamped on the underside except the older, well used frypans which have no stamp at all.
Cast Iron Ware2.jpg
Cast Iron Ware2.jpg (167.58 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
0 x

BetterSafe

Re: Cookware

Postby BetterSafe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 am

Nice collection! I love cast iron, it's absolutely indestructible. I have 3 frying pans, a griddle and a wok. But no pots or kettle - I've always assumed it would be a constant battle to keep them from rusting. Everything else is always frying something, so there is always oil or grease. Do you have trouble keeping the pots and kettle rust free?
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 am

what is that below the frying pans? It looks like a cookie mold....so jealous
0 x

Cares

Postby Cares » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 pm

I have picked up a few cast iron frypans and saucepans from local op-shops of late...nice and cheap :D
0 x

PrepHer
Canada

Postby PrepHer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 am

BetterSafe, I like to wipe a light coating of olive oil on my cookwear to keep them rust free. I've always done this with my wood cookstove's cast iron top a couple of times during the heating season. Also, I add a drop of olive oil to the inside of the kettle since it's just for adding moisture to the air. I use a stainless steel kettle for boiling water for tea.
OldSchool, that pan you're referring to is actually what I call a muffin pan. I don't use it very often - I just use my regular muffin tins. But when I saw it at a garage sale, I just couldn't resist!
0 x

adlena

Postby adlena » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am

they are antiques :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Return to “Prepper Pics”