• Advertisement

Outdoor fireplace

Post pictures of your prepper projects here.
anitapreciouspearl

Outdoor fireplace

Postby anitapreciouspearl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:32 pm

I don't have one of these but this would be just so simple and easy to build and great for urban and rural.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/port ... z2YYgZHGdp
0 x
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

cernunnos5

Re: Outdoor fireplace

Postby cernunnos5 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Yes it is. This year is full up but next years "List" includes a covered outdoor kitchen\ food processing area with sinks, a rocket stove and solar oven. Its important to have something like this because...could you imagine having to cook or do canning over your wood stove...inside the house in the middle of summer or fall. Yikes

...or over a campfire in the rain
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Hmmm, maybe it's time to give mine an upgrade!

HPIM2247.JPG
HPIM2247.JPG (127.07 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
0 x

scrounger
Canada

Postby scrounger » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Growing up we had a stone mason living next door to us. He built a fairly elaborate stone bbq/cooking grill. The cool thing about it was the countertops were tombstone offcuts from a local monument company. Very very heavy.
0 x

Glockman1

Postby Glockman1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:36 am

tagged
0 x
Chance favours the prepared mind

Gerardo

Postby Gerardo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 pm

The outdoor grill my family had as a kid was something like that.
We never upgraded as my father found he was not to happy to have to cook (custom here is that if is outdoor, the father is main responsible vs, indoor is the mother).
0 x

Syn

Postby Syn » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:58 am

I really like how they used a few of the blocks on their sides to feed air to the fire.
I am reworking my 3/4 round firepit so it has a rectangular wing off the open side for raking the coals over a foot and a bit and having the rectangular area set up to cook over so I am not over the flame and can add to the fire and not affect my cooking . It struck me looking at the first picture that having the sides one block higher would hold the heat around the dutch oven moreso and maybe make the cooking faster and more thorough . And I would like to be able to adjust the cooking rack up or down a little easier. This thread is definitely a reminder that my set up needs some tweaking . My concrete blocks got spirited away to hoist a vehicle up in the air , I need to go find where I am not putting a few to good use and get back at it. Just to have things actually ready to function when you need them would be such a blessing . I keep imagining an earthquake forcing us out of our homes for a few weeks and how nice it would be to not have to scramble when you are sore or exhausted or in poor weather to put together things like roof water catchment and filtering and the simple projects like the fire pit which can be functionally useful and enjoyed for leisure too.
0 x

justdoit

Postby justdoit » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 am

Syn wrote:I really like how they used a few of the blocks on their sides to feed air to the fire.
I am reworking my 3/4 round firepit so it has a rectangular wing off the open side for raking the coals over a foot and a bit and having the rectangular area set up to cook over so I am not over the flame and can add to the fire and not affect my cooking . It struck me looking at the first picture that having the sides one block higher would hold the heat around the dutch oven moreso and maybe make the cooking faster and more thorough . And I would like to be able to adjust the cooking rack up or down a little easier. This thread is definitely a reminder that my set up needs some tweaking . My concrete blocks got spirited away to hoist a vehicle up in the air , I need to go find where I am not putting a few to good use and get back at it. Just to have things actually ready to function when you need them would be such a blessing . I keep imagining an earthquake forcing us out of our homes for a few weeks and how nice it would be to not have to scramble when you are sore or exhausted or in poor weather to put together things like roof water catchment and filtering and the simple projects like the fire pit which can be functionally useful and enjoyed for leisure too.

Use the cinder blocks for the outside and get a frame with racks for cooking on that will sit inside the cinderblock.. could be like a oven in your house.. and if you went to the point of a stack over top it would draw the smoke away from your face when cooking also..
0 x

Return to “Prepper Pics”