Let's get a cook book made

Find prepper related projects that you can participate in here
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: Let's get a cook book made

Postby Denob » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Hey everyone...
to get back to the OP, I love the idea of a prepper cook book!
I'm going to move this topic over to "preper projects" and see where it goes!
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 pm

lgsbrooks wrote:I have to tell you....so many of you live a life and know so much more than I even hope to read about...boggles the mind and makes me feel like I haven't got a clue

All of us have so much to learn, it truly never ends, and you just take one project at a time and learn the basic's, then work it till you are able to figure out your own tweeks, and then just remember to work it at regular intervals, and you will keep those skills alive and going..

I am willing to bet money that if we had coffee and visit , that you would have tons of things to teach me :D
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:22 pm

So what happened to this cookbook idea? I too think it is a good idea. And the idea of making a book that would allow consideration to less than your average adequate kitchen is even better. There are already alot of cookbooks out there that cover every topic known, yet avoid the minimalistic approach.

When younger, we would devote a whole week to a hunt and stay in either a friends trapper shack, cabin or otherwise a tent, as this was predetermined by the allotted zone of the hunting tags. One also tends to only allow friends that you can tolerate for a week straight....and everyone takes their turn at cooking and thus stories are repeated for the duration of your life as to your abilities at preparing a meal from what crossed your path while scouting. Simple things like fillings have been lost due to chomping down on a BB that wasn't spotted when cleaning have led to a making it a miserable hunt which is finally cut short for all. Thus, even food preparation becomes a greater part than many might imagine.

I think covering skinning and tanning is a natural part of the process when acquiring items for the pot(some just shop with a rifle instead @ forest.com). I admire those who make the most of a kill by tanning the hide instead of just dumping it at the local dump. I still have deer skin shirts and moose jackets from my youth which no longer fit but I can't seem to toss yet. They are reminders of my youth and a thorn in the wife's butt as she still complains they smell of campfire smoke and are stained from tree sap (from carrying plenty of firewood).

Yes, a cookbook that is like no other would be a good thing! 8-)
0 x

JackDee

Postby JackDee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am

When I was a kid, my pop once taught me to cook something odd:
1. It was raining heavily, I was told to bring a bright bulb (not neon) I don't know why, maybe for the heat.
2. Not long, swarms of winged termites (alate) comes flying around the room.
3. I prepare some enamel wash bowls filled with boiling hot water.
4. The flyers start dropping into the bowls and most got their wings separated from their body and got boiled.
5. Start to eat some, I dont remember the taste but texture feels like the inside of a shrimp. Can also add some tabasco, salt, condiments, etc.

PS: Don't eat the wing.

I just tried again a week ago and I go ooompss (*vom*t*)
Also got some allergies after. Maybe because haven't eat that for a long time.
For me that's quite an adventure.

Bon appétit! ;)
0 x
Regret comes last, if it comes early its called registration!

In the end, only fellow preppers truly respects other preppers.
When nothing happens, the world will laugh at you.
When SHTF, what will happen when they found out you got supplies?

deborah

Postby deborah » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:21 am

Hello

Anyone interested in a cookbook is welcom to email me your recipies that you would like in it. I have a friend who works at a book binding place who would gladly put it together. My partner and i have already been doing many survival and camp foods As well as limited ingredient dishes lol once we had to put together a meal for 5 when there was nothing much around but cattails dandelions and a few little critters. Lol turned out pretty good actually lol. Hope to hear from you i love the cookbook idea.
Hope to recieve many recipes

Thanks
0 x

just/fine

Postby just/fine » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:17 am

I'd like too that,just simple meal.but off a rocket stove and coleman
for about six
use to cook for 225 fixed meal for homless but had the rousces to back up
need to kick and cut and design for limeted need
if things happen
0 x
underwater is safer than land

smor
Canada

Postby smor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:29 am

I would love to get a prepper cookbook too. Not all preppers are hunters (eat meat though!!) I would love to see some recipes that involve high nutrients,long storage,minimal fuel use etc. The more bare-bones primitive style the better. I'm also looking for a primitive bread recipe and posted that on here.
0 x

Return to “New Projects”