When I was a kid, my pop once taught me to cook something odd:
1. It was raining heavily, I was told to bring a bright bulb (not neon) I don't know why, maybe for the heat.
2. Not long, swarms of winged termites (alate) comes flying around the room.
3. I prepare some enamel wash bowls filled with boiling hot water.
4. The flyers start dropping into the bowls and most got their wings separated from their body and got boiled.
5. Start to eat some, I dont remember the taste but texture feels like the inside of a shrimp. Can also add some tabasco, salt, condiments, etc.
PS: Don't eat the wing.
I just tried again a week ago and I go ooompss (*vom*t*)
Also got some allergies after. Maybe because haven't eat that for a long time.
For me that's quite an adventure.