Postby DaScribbler » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:07 pm

This Kit Looks Awesome!!

Count me in :)
0 x
DaScribbler

BetterSafe

Re: Explorer First Aid Kit Give Away

Postby BetterSafe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:45 pm

count me in as well please! My 9-year old has started carrying a bag when we go for a hike in the woods, and this would be great in there!
0 x

Rmdpreps
Canada

Postby Rmdpreps » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Count me in, this is a great addition to an existing kit.

ps, I met the owners of Chylan and they are wonderful people!!
0 x

Caper1

Postby Caper1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Looks like a great kit. Count me in for sure.
0 x

Girlcancan

Postby Girlcancan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:12 am

Pick me! Pick me!! :)
0 x

John

Postby John » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:40 am

This would come in handy for our family's upcoming adventure. Like the design.
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:16 am

helicopilot wrote:
Knuckle wrote:
Goldie wrote:Knuckle you are not seeing the good side of this kit. :shock: Take another look. :shock:

Looks like a nice kit. First it is RED . EASY to spot, for me RED means FIRST AIDE,
and the bag looks nice as it has see through areas so you find things faster. It looks
like you can add things of your own.

So yes I would love a chance to win this kit, and now I'm looking over their website to see what
else they have :) WAIT LOOK they have a waterproof 1st aid kit too

I used to drive ambulance and though just a medic(and not a paramedic), got to work learn what works and what doesn't work so well. I am going to start a thread on how to build a trauma kit yet as we built and stocked our own in Alberta(as it's privatized there). Watch for it as it's coming to a forum near you soooon..... :lol:

Knuckle,

Don't get me wrong, I have meds bags of all kinds, from the car first aid kits, to trauma/o2 kits, drop leg IFAKs, etc. but I'm not going to look into the mouth of a given horse. This kit is a give away prize kindly offered by a sponsor. It's very entry level, but again, many members here may not even have such a kit. Given the context, if won, it could either be given to a new prepper, a relative/friend, or in my case, I'd bring it at work where the kits are poorly maintained. I would likely leave it by my desk, perhaps a prepper-conversation ice-breaker?

Sorry CoPilot, missed this comment earlier!

I agree with Goldie that the bag is nice. :lol: And being red means folks won't run it over so easily while your working on another!(see, I said something nice about it!)

I just finished posting a spreadsheet showing items I'd like to see in a Trauma kit. I mentioned how conforming bandages work so much better and noted that this kit didn't have them along with most kits on the market today. Anyone who has ever tried to use these non-conforming bandages most likely would agree this is a bad replacement for that which hospitals worldwide use daily. So this kit is likely equivalent or even better than many out there already. (See, another compliment, I'm on a roll)

Usually, when someone builds a lesser product, someone else steps up to the plate with better version that often forces others to compete in quality or else be known as a provider of lesser quality products. Seems this didn't happen in the manufacture of First Aid kits! It must be because folks (on the average) won't pay more for better quality....I dunno. I too own a lot of these kits and have one in each vehicle, RV and boat, house and shop. I've given one to each of my kids so they too will have one in their car. Usually they are used to help others and I think all have been opened a time or two showing the purchase was worth it. Most other folks don't seem to have one during these events which show how little the average public prepares. I have used up a couple of fire extinguishers too in such occasions helping others put out car and truck fires. Neither offered to replace the extinguishers but I add it to my good deeds list just the same...

I do hope that this kit goes to a good home and is put into service immediately by being placed in a car and not simply forgotten in a closet as it's day will then come too to be of use.
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:11 am

And the winner is.......
0 x

Return to “Canadian Preppers Network Giveaways”