• Advertisement

What's Better Than A Free Lifestraw?

Goldie
Canada

Re: What's Better Than A Free Lifestraw?

Postby Goldie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 pm

My time shows:

Goldie » 2014 , Oct 31, 9:09 pm , Fri

I would skip the redraw and just check next time for the dates online to be sure you have everyone.
Did anyone else get missed ?
0 x

Keery1982

Postby Keery1982 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:50 am

Ok so this is my first time posting anything. I hate to admit it but I have no idea what most of the people are talking about. I have been prepping behind my now ex husbands back for many years, about half a year ago I took our three year old daughter and left. The reasons for us leaving are complicated and in no short supply. I am now stuck in a worst case scenario for any prepper, I am a disabled single mother with very little income and the friends that helped me load the uhaul to leave left all of my food and reserves. Does anyone know how or where I can start to rebuild some of my fallback supplies? Also I feel so silly for asking but what do all the abbreviations mean? I understand that this is some kind of free prize but I don't know what it is, so again if someone wouldn't mind telling me what it is I would be very grateful.
0 x

Adagio
Canada

Postby Adagio » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:45 pm

Welcome to the board. Since this is your first post you may wish to go the Board Index and the first entry is a section called 'new members start here'.

It is indeed can be a bit confusing at first but with time you will figure things out. Let’s start with your easy questions.

What’s a life straw? It’s a water filter designed to be used by one person to filter water for drinking. It filters a maximum of 1000 litres of water, enough for one person for one year. It removes almost all of waterborne bacteria and parasites. (thats a direct quote from Wikipedia)

There are a lot of abbreviations used but these are some of the most common:

BOB - Bug Out Bag
BOL - Bug Out Location
BOR - Bug Out Route
BOV - Bug Out Vehicle
GAG - Grab And Go (Bag)
GHB - Get Home Bag
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
MAG - Mutual Assistance Group
MRE - Meal Ready to Eat
SHTF - Shit Hit The Fan
TEOTWAWKI - The End Of The World As We Know It
WTSHTF - When The Shit Hits The Fan

As far as how to start over. That’s a little more difficult to answer without knowing exactly what you prep for and what information you are looking for. All can say is try not to get overwhelmed. Remember every little step you take means you are better off than you were the day before. The fact that you are connecting with other like minded folks is your first step. Keep you eyes for open for local meet and greet groups in your area. Beyond that, start with the basics. Water, food, heat/shelter; communication and security.

Since you have a very limited budget there are few things that can be done that don’t have to cost much. Check out the local dollar stores and thrift shops.
Fill old pop bottles with tap water and have a bottle of bleach (can be a quick fix for water that has been in long term storage).
Get yourself a couple of 5 gallon buckets with tight fitting lids. These are great because they will protect your preps and then they will all be in one place. No need to be rummaging the house in a black out (or whatever) looking for everything.
Start putting food with a long shelf life in one of them. Cans of tuna, pasta, rice, cans/packages of soup etc. (if you're storing cans - get a manual can opener)
In the other one put the other basic stuff: A means of heat/cooking/lighting/meds. There are a ton of lists of basic emergency supplies on emergency preparedness sites. Even your local municipality site will no doubt have one.
If you’re single, put a big pair of boots outside your entrance door. It will look like your big old mean husband is home. Keep a heavy stick or a fish bonker at all the entry points.

I realize these are not the best solutions but it’s a start. Im sure there are a ton of other suggestions other members may have but those are just a few that came to mind. As time goes by you can upgrade to bigger and better things. Good luck.
0 x

Grumpy Bear

Postby Grumpy Bear » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:53 am

The old adage of the one is none if it fails.
So, If you have one you have none, If you have two you have one, if you have three then you have two which is better.
0 x
Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"

RapidSurvival
Canada

Postby RapidSurvival » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:49 pm

I can't offer a free life straw, but I can offer one that's on sale!
http://www.rapidsurvival.com/product/lifestraw/
0 x
Eric Pinkerton- Owner of Rapid Survival
72 Hour Survival Kits
Emergency Preparedness Equipment
http://www.rapidsurvival.com

GhostPrepper
Canada

Postby GhostPrepper » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Am I missing everyone on here or have I not got the right timing? Newbie to the forums, long time prepper. Anyone alive on here?
0 x

RapidSurvival
Canada

Postby RapidSurvival » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:36 pm

GhostPrepper wrote:Am I missing everyone on here or have I not got the right timing? Newbie to the forums, long time prepper. Anyone alive on here?

There are plenty of people around. This post is from 2014 and was a give away at that time so it's an abandoned thread for the most part.
1 x
Eric Pinkerton- Owner of Rapid Survival
72 Hour Survival Kits
Emergency Preparedness Equipment
http://www.rapidsurvival.com

Return to “Canadian Preppers Network Giveaways”