• Advertisement

looking for a freind.

Grumpy Bear

looking for a freind.

Postby Grumpy Bear » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:05 am

Ok let's be serious for a minute. I'm looking for like minded people on the North side of the Fraser between Harrison and Pitt Meadows who would like to meet and possibly work together to train and share information. No flakes please.
0 x
Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"

Preppersaurus
Canada

Re: looking for a freind.

Postby Preppersaurus » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:25 am

When?
0 x
http://preppersaurus.blogspot.ca/

Grumpy Bear

Postby Grumpy Bear » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 am

Soon
0 x
Most of all "Be Ready"

Preppersaurus
Canada

Postby Preppersaurus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:06 pm

I guess the minute of seriousness is up.
0 x
http://preppersaurus.blogspot.ca/

Screedcrete

Postby Screedcrete » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:18 am

Hey Buddy we didnt get to meet up long ago and I believe you were the one talking about a Ham course long ago? Forgive me if Im wrong on that. Im not on your side of the river but always willing to meet with solid folk that walk the walk and move forward in certain areas. Looks and sounds good to me! Maybe shoot me a PM as Im over your way every once in awhile on business. Might work out well?

Cheers!
0 x
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

Grumpy Bear

Postby Grumpy Bear » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:28 am

Hi Guys and Gals.
At present I'm organizing a outdoor skills competition camp for Scouts two other Scouting events, and taking training for Emergency Management here in Maple Ridge. so I'm booked for the next bunch of weeks or so.
I have a couple of people on this side who are interested in working and training with others. Just give me a few weeks and I will come up with a date, time and venue.
Oh and Screedcrete Ya my call signal is VA7VDE.
0 x
Most of all "Be Ready"

Grumpy Bear

Postby Grumpy Bear » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 am

Ok who wants to meet for coffee? I have a two week open window before I'm gone to Vancouver Island for most of may.
0 x
Most of all "Be Ready"

Maddog

Postby Maddog » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:35 am

We meaning 2 older guys live in Burnaby. We have a vehicle and been up around Harrison Hot Springs. Thinking about heading up into the mountains. Wanna learn how to be self sufficient. If the shtf we want to be ready. We checked out smokeless gasifier stoves and have ideas on how to create one out of a 5 gallon pail. The pail could also be converted into a back pack to carry some gear. A smokeless fire would be useful if ppl want to go undetected. Bug out plan is to make a cache in the bush. Therefore knowing wild edibles is a must. We made a powerless water pump that works off gravity. We have looked at alternative energy in the event we can move to a location better suited to our goals. The problem is that we live in an apartment and don't have the proper accommodations to have a shop so we can get ready. We r also new at this.
0 x

Syn

Postby Syn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:30 am

Maddog besides bugging out in a big earthquake or something , do you plan to live in the city and have jobs or just go live in the woods ? I am just sort of curious as you usually here young peoples thoughts that direction but when you say two older guys, I am wondering how old you think old is :) Carrying a pail as a backpack sounds uncomfortable, doable if it is just one item you are hauling in somewhere but no real substitute for a good back pack .
I'd love to figure out stuff like solar and micro hydro and wind that result in efficient durable systems that do not cost a fortune ( maybe a small fortune ?)
0 x

simplyme24u

Re: looking for a friend.

Postby simplyme24u » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:03 am

I'm on the south side of the Fraser river i'd really be interested in meeting up with like brained peeps.
0 x

Return to “British Columbia”