On Sale This Week

tinbasher

Re: On Sale This Week

Post by tinbasher » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 am

Hi all, first post, seems many are interested in solar panels, best bang for the buck I've seen lately is at Costco. 45 Watt panels for $155.00 complete with inverter and various connection cables. They can be run together to increase wattage I believe. I would use to charge a battery booster type box and have both A/C and DC available for charging/running small appliances. Also regarding reloading would that Lee kit be suitable for reloading 45 LC and 38 spec for cowboy action shooting? that's my highest usage right now and I would add in other calibers later. Or should just hold out a bit until I can afford something faster and better. I've heard the Dillon 650 is pretty good without breaking the bank. Thoughts?
For those interested in MREs you can get them from Meal Kit Supply directly (it's a Canadian Company, google it) but they aren't quite the same as the ones Costco used to have which seemed like full mil spec ones. They come with the heaters and you can order extra heaters separately for build it yourself types.

Buggie

Post by Buggie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 am

the lee kit can handle all but the largest rifle rounds (im talking .50 bmg). you would just have to purchase the dies to go with your specific calibers. I saw some 45 LC dies at wholesale as well.

this is a meat and potatoes kit. does not come with all the bells and whistles, just the essentials. It is a good enough kit to expand on thought, so for beginers I think it is perfect. dont need to spend $500 on a dillon unless you are very proficient at it and can justify the extra cost. for $150, the lee kit is a steal, and would be a great bench to start learning on as it is very simple to operate.
See you all after.

Buggie

Post by Buggie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:47 am

Had to go way down the list to find this thread! lets bring it back to the front page shall we?

LA police gear dot com has regular closeout sales, as well as a new "30 minute countdown sale" going on at all times. the Items are randomly selected to go on sale for 30 minutes, with a countdown timer showing for the items.

I purchased a pair of the Bates USMC Rat boots which they currently have on sale for $39.99, regular price $260. The reason they are at such a low clearance prince is because they were designed and ordered by the US Marine Core for use in Afghanistan, and they did not meet their needs. there were two batches of the boots ordered and built. The first ones have the product code E29502D, and are factory seconds. Those have all been sold off by LA police gear. The second batch have the code E29502A, and are pristine boots. Those are the ones that I ordered, and I received them a few days ago. Took about 3 weeks to arrive as they are shipped from the US. Shipping to my door was approx $35.

I have to say I am extremely impressed with these boots. Very comfortable, seem durable, and look good too. Perfect for work, hiking, daily wear, or just around the property. If you decide to order, make sure you order a half size larger then you normally would wear as they are designed to be worn with a thick sock. I usually wear a 10W and the 10.5W are a perfect fit. Read the reviews on la police gear dot com. These are a heavy duty military spec boot made by a company that is well known for making quality footwear. Luckily for us the marines felt they were too "warm" for desert theaters, but they are a perfect 3 season boot for us here in Alberta. I highly recommend checking them out and adding them to your footwear selection.

Here is the link

http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bates-29 ... c-rat.html
Attachments
policestuff_2265_430862787.gif
Bates USMC RAT (Rugged All Terrain) BOOT
policestuff_2265_430862787.gif (54.9 KiB) Viewed 917 times
See you all after.

bitbybit

Post by bitbybit » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Buggie,
That's a hell of a deal. A few questions for you:
- did you order online or through their phone service? Online won't accept my town, postal code or province in the ordering section.
- online reviews are pretty impressive. Would you say now (after having worn them) that it is worth ordering two pair?

And just in case folks didn't know, Forest City Surplus also sells them but sizes are quite limited and they are $49.95.

prom

Post by prom » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:20 pm

they don't seem to be waterproof.
I bought these:
http://www.sportsmansguide.ca/net/cb/ne ... x?a=947300

for 100$ including shipping and taxes when they were on sale. I think the extra money was worth spending for the Goretex liner.
I like them. I was hoping they could be my 4season boots but it's kind of a stretch. I took them icefishing at -16 C (-20 with windchill) last winter with 2 pairs of merino socks and my toes didn't freeze but I didn't feel warm either. My friend who was wearing a pair of insulated hunting boots was quite OK. Probably if I wasn't standing most of the time it would have been better. But overall I'm very happy with them, comfortable and light considering their size and good looking.

All the best

Buggie

Post by Buggie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:08 am

The pair that I received are fantastic. I wear them every day now, no hot spots or issues with the construction. However there was an additional charge upon delivery of approx $35. I wasn't very happy about that, but I'm fine with paying 70 for these well made boots.

I would not wear these in the winter, they are not designed for it, however they are a great 3 season boot. With some water resistant spray they should do fine in the rain... But there are small vents on the inside if the heels that would leak in if you stepped in deep water.
See you all after.

bitbybit

Post by bitbybit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi Buggie,

Thanks for the info. Just to verify, from your earlier post it was $35 shipping. And then in the last post you said you were nailed with an additional $35? Just asking because if customs costs are too high I'll order the boots from FC Surplus.

Buggie

Post by Buggie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 pm

no it was $35 at my door, that was the shipping charge. I dont regret it, these are by far the best boots ive ever worn :)

Also, I should mention that I had a few other items shipped with it. I figure if im going to pay shipping, I might as well make it worth it! I ordered 20 chem glow sticks (on sale for .75 cents a piece), as well as an all weather jacket. the shipping cost is the same with or without them.

If there is a canadian retailer that carries them, you might be better off ordering through them to save a few bucks. ive been using lapolicegear for awhile now, so I stuck with them. it was worth it for me because I had a discount coupon as well. Gotta love when the companies make an effort at customer retention! especially for international customers
See you all after.

Buggie

Post by Buggie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:18 pm

bitbybit wrote:Hi Buggie,
That's a hell of a deal. A few questions for you:
- did you order online or through their phone service? Online won't accept my town, postal code or province in the ordering section.
- online reviews are pretty impressive. Would you say now (after having worn them) that it is worth ordering two pair?

And just in case folks didn't know, Forest City Surplus also sells them but sizes are quite limited and they are $49.95.

Also, I remember having this issue also. I believe you have to change the country from USA to Canada BEFORE you put in your address and PC.
See you all after.

helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:37 am

5 Gal gas cans are 25% off this week at Home Hardware. Picked up a couple.

Return to “Alberta”