test yourself

sir laughs alot

Re: test yourself

Post by sir laughs alot »

Have 2 generators,5 days of fuel 90 days of food ,warm clothing,all kinds of stoves for cooking,I know I would have a house full but it would be an eye opening for the non-PREPPERS All this and I still live in the city which prohibits gas cans in your garage etc. But all in all I and my family would be very secure.

quietman

Post by quietman »

I have a few things ready as well.
Being out in the country is nice.
lots of free firewood etc. Being able to generate electricity is a goal and will soon be a reality.
Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob »

A great test, and I did just go through this not long ago...50 hours without power.
First, we heat the main house with wood and use electric heat only to supliment or when we have to leave for a few days to visit out of town relatives.
The crawl space however, is heated by electricity, so to keep the pipes from freezing, we have a portable propane heater.
The well pump and refrigerators are run for a few hours at a time, twice per day from the generator. With real life testing, we store enough gas to go like this for about 4 weeks. In winter, we can of course use the great outdoors for refrigeration to help save generator fuel if we expect longer term outages.
Cooking is done with a propane 2 burner camp stove, a butane 1 burner camp stove, Propane BBQ, or even on the wood stove in the living room, which also keeps a pot of coffee piping hot.
anitapreciouspearl

Post by anitapreciouspearl »

Looks like many of us in southern Ontario will get a chance to deal with this for real today and tomorrow. Hopefully we'll all come through with flying colors or the storm ends up being a big todo about nothing.
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/
Dangphool
Canada

Post by Dangphool »

It is probably all over the Ontario forum but I'm curious how all of you have managed through this latest storm.

Thanks for insights.
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob »

Not sure about Ontario, but I have several "non prepper" friends in Quebec with no hope of getting power back before tomorrow.
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

Hope things are good for you and yours Denob!
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob »

YUP...Bird's in the oven as I write!

Return to “Alberta”