Bulk Buys

Laurelian

Bulk Buys

Post by Laurelian » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:39 am

It appears that we've all been pretty busy, and so our activities have slowed down. A pity, since it's self evident we aren't blessed with an abundance of time. Nature's reigning havoc, and the state is trying to reign everyone else in. But regardless!

A few of us talked at the last meeting about doing possible bulk buys in various products to save money. A few of you guys here also know that I have some connections in the food industry and have been doing bulk and premium purchases in that area for the last few years. I'm curious as to how many people here would be interested in some kind of bulk buy, be it food, supplies, or whatnot?

Syn

Re: Bulk Buys

Post by Syn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 pm

On a limited basis I might be able to participate . I will PM you .

zoom1200

Post by zoom1200 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm

I am interested in bulk buys

Laurelian

Post by Laurelian » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 pm

I know some people have been sending PMs, but PMs have not been working for me. Are they back up again? If they are, I need everyone to resend their PMs.

Laurelian

Post by Laurelian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am

Woot PMs are back up! Message me.

Syn

Post by Syn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 am

Can we have some suggestions of what is available in bulk buying and what we would like to buy ? For example I know you can buy a big bag of flax ( linseed) from the feed stores likely cheaper than you will find it elsewhere, also Himalayan pink salt in bulk chunks that have to be crushed and ground down for use . Apples bulk from the feed store are pretty good quality and price too. I would love to get in on some procurement of fruit by the case lot from the Okanagan for a canning bee if anyone else is interested ?

Additionally I will have non medicated, antibiotic pasture free ranging meat chickens fed Whole Earth feeds which contain no animal by products for sale around July 20 ready straight from the processor and ready for your freezer. You won't save a heck of a lot of money but these are full bodied a good two weeks older than what you will find in the store for more meat per bird and the difference is quality of product and the difference to your own health ! Will be cheaper and fresher than you can get at the health food store : ) In addition if you come get them straight from the processors set up, anyone not educated how to process a chicken will see one of the best pros around and a top notch back yard set up at Trevors in Langley.

Return to “British Columbia”