Upper Fraser Valley Abbotsford to Hope

Screedcrete

Upper Fraser Valley Abbotsford to Hope

Post by Screedcrete »

Hey Y'all,
Iv been around for awhile and struck up a few meetings with some decent success, and I would like to continue to get out, and meet other like minded folks from my area in Chilliwack. Looking at the demographics and the surrounding areas we have numerous challenges to consider. Everything from looting from neighbours, to being overrun by organized tactical groups for many reasons.

Looking to meet a few key people in my area ( Abbotsford - Hope ) for some future concerns geographically.

Looking to develop a potential plan in case of upheaval from current locations and exiting the valley is NOT an option.

For communication purposes use the PM feature here, and we can take it from there.

Screed

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)
Screedcrete

Re: Upper Fraser Valley Abbotsford to Hope

Post by Screedcrete »

Some of the things that need to be squared away are procurement of shelter, food, fuel, supply cache, armaments, security, locations, pinch points, detour possibilities, river crossing, modes of communication and of course much more. This is more of an info share with people whom are NOT interested in waiting for help to arrive. This is for proactive folks whom possibly have their own plan in place to evacuate the valley or are still looking for one. A lot of us have contacts out of our immediate area and we may wish to travel or not. The ( grass is always greener may apply here ) No matter what, whether you stay or whether you go the immediate area should be looked at as a tool. A source of opportunity possibly, not only trauma. Its those that are prepared with plan in hand and a common goal that will see signs of success in a trodden dismal situation. This is an opportunity to sit down and do some continuous brainstorming on issues that cannot be overlooked for increasing your chances of a positive experience in a very negative situation.
The Island Retreat
Canada

Post by The Island Retreat »

Do you consider upper Harrison Lake to be in the Valley, as far as how far you are willing to go? BOLs are few and far between in the valley.
Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Yes for sure as you are right they ARE few and far between. Sure I would consider that. I get out your way often and I imagine you make your way this way as well. A coffee might be a great place to start.

One of the things I would like to set out right in front is I think its quite important to keep things off this board as far as info sharing goes pertaining directly to our environment here. I have no trouble talking about things here pertaining to normal preps for locals in a set area but by putting up info here you directly generate eyes and even possible enemies or competitors for resources at that time. Im looking to be slightly more quiet, more organized, and a little more methodical however I am only willing to share my ideas directly in person once I feel comfortable that its a good move to do so. Im not looking for answers from anyone either. Im into sharing a dialog in person and letting things evolve from there if there is the feeling that it should. No matter what it can only be good things become of it.

There are others that are prepping that may have less than desirable goals when the time is here. Iv discovered some of these individuals and intentions and Im changing up my strategy in just how I go about meeting the appropriate folks.

Will the strategy work to get folks there and on board? One doesn't know but I DO know that it will take common goals and the right combination to strive. Im not looking for any particular skills at all its about desire to preserver with the right heart and attitude that will work for the thoughts I have to go over.

There is lots I would like to discus for the opportunity to hear some remarks but Im not willing to do it here anymore at least not directly pertaining to my situation or others that are geographically close.
Grumpy Bear

Post by Grumpy Bear »

Well said Screedcrete.
Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Some of the things I would like to share with individuals whom are truly serious about all this is what I would feel very interesting stuff. I have a few concerns of even a few of those here that I would love to bounce info off of if there is a common thread. There are posts here on this forum that I believe are "led" by others for either pure enjoyment OR info gathering.

I sit here and stare at the above caption that leads EVERY page of this site,…. ARE YOU READY TO SHELTER IN PLACE? Find out > HERE? Really?

Im quite happy to be here and now I feel the breeze is at my back so its invigorating for sure. Spring just ahead around the corner means good good things as far as making progress in certain areas while other areas and concerns don't necessarily go away just put on the back burner for that time. NEVER should we forget and always should we stride forward.

Peace
Screed
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Here is a few things to get your mind in the game,…

From Abbotsford to Hope you have 3 main bridges only. Mission-Abbotsford, Rosedale-Agassis, and the bridge in town at Hope. Im sure they will all be blocked and guarded at some point (for our own safety) and its crucial if you are trying to either make your way Up Country or to the Okanagan you need to deal with this issue. Also in case nobody has thought to take a look at it there are numerous herdles to overcome on both sides of the Fraser river. At any point when you are driving and the tides change (BUGGING OUT OR NOT) you may find yourself at a checkpoint with no further access beyond. You may also NOT have the opportunity to go back where you came from so what are your options here? Might be prudent to have alliances in numerous places along your rout of intended travel thats why I have always used the lone wolfe, bug out, everything on your back scenario to get you thinking about options. IF,…. and I say IF you are forced from your residence for one reason or another you will be face with insurmountable odds for sure. NOBODY wants to find themselves there at all not even I. BUT lets say you thought you beat the sheep and all the traffic. Lets say you have the best spot in the world and nobody there all you need is get there. Lets say others are to meet you there? What if you can't? What if you have an official telling you to ride the bus back to a common safety area and you will not. What if you really honestly believe you have the ability to avoid such trouble (or at least hope too should this arise?)

ANYONE caught in the middle of this scenario will be in for a wicked circumstance and chances are you have loved ones or others that rely on sound info and advice? What are your obligations as the one whom decides this may be the best approach?

What plans to you have or wish to iron out BEFORE so you and your loved ones can make it to their intended destination?

People continuously tell me that bugging out is NOT the way….., May I ask YOUR plan should you be displaced with your food, shelter, hydro, mattress, communication, support group, and all the rest? What if you thought you had a clear shot, and get fooobarred along the way? Can it NOT happen? Of course it can and I may add it very well will at some point.

My logic is this,….
we are all doing what we can to make our lives at home more self sufficient for us and whom we care for. I won't ask what others plan to prep at home with here that is silly. I won't share my immediate preps with anyone I am not comfortable in doing so and I would honestly hope you wouldn't either. So I don't ASK what are your preps. Thats personal as far as Im concerned but where we can all take a stride here is coming out and learning the nuts and bolts of the wild. Develop a repor and things will start to happen. It can be looked at like a personal/character kind of credit, and you will never get anywhere without good credit. As a matter of fact, waking into the game with NO credit may have you looking like a resource for exploitation at some point so I would highly suggest you reach out in a way that keeps you and your family protected from these things in the time of question. The time is Before everything hits the fan. Develop the trust, the power of numbers and the camaraderie of those that actually mean something in the end because you both reached out and extended your trust accordingly. These objectives can be met in a neutral setting (the wild) and learn some basic skills and have fun to see if that report will continue. One cannot loose at all. Nobody shares their personal plan. Nobody lessens their shot at moving forward and A plan may start to take place,….

For example did you know that between Abbotsford and Hope there are 2 Canadian Forces Bases and over a dozen Department of National Defence locations? Thats a gauntlet to be looked at and certainly nothing to sneeze at !
The Island Retreat
Canada

Post by The Island Retreat »

There's more than one way to get up-country. Other than the three aforementioned bridges.

Boat/plane/shank's pony. Bridge chokepoints are bad, but nor insurmountable. Easy to plan ahead for? Maybe not. I have a personal presence for air travel. Knowledge is very portable.

There's always the roundabout way, depending on personal circumstance, of going through Squamish/pemberton, or through the states- Depending on porosity of local border and type of emergency. Worst case, anyone with a Ford ranger 4x4 can make it up past Harrison to Sloquet hot springs area, thence to pemberton and onwards to lilloet. I've seen an VW golf do it, but I wouldnt trust the suspension after that trip.

Sheeple use the arteries as a primary bugout route. The sheepdogs spend hours thinking out of the box and planning / practicing the alternate, lesser known routes.

The type and duration of emergency dictates the rules of engagement. Just my .02
Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Exactly my point
As we know yes there are the conventional and the not so conventional ways to get around and I wonder if those topics can be taken deeper? This topic alone of valley exit can be from a-z really from the most basic of necessities pertaining to travel, to the all common route of the hiway and i think everything should be explored. For example if you are hiking and trouble occurs you may need an alternate plan/route. If boating and you have an issue with the craft you SHOULD have alternate options. As well as on the Hiway system it might be a good idea to have some options? How can it be made more reliable or function better than usual? Can it? By having a simple network on communication say North would be very helpful. A lookout ahead if you will. Possible places for storage maybe but simply a helping hand because the left hand knows the right? Lets say you and your family come down from the Caribou and something happens? you got a contact. Lets say I was hammering around north of myself for one reason or another hunting or something and I cannot access the road back home. Whats my plan of attack here? What if your heading up to get hay for your livestock and get choked off midway between with your truck, trailer, and not much else? I would think that getting a support group for ourselves would be a good thing to strive for. When resources are pooled you can make great gain and in this situation you are pooling entities with resources together this can be very good for the ones stranded.

Building a life support system through camaraderie and common interests can, and should be fun. I have a half dozen or so willing to sit down for chat over coffee and I will get that set up soon so if you are interested in a personal meet just PM me here and I will get you on a contact list to inform you of when and where that will happen.
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Fraser Valley meeting set up for Febuary 28th at Abbotsford location of Tim Hortons. Seems we have a good mix of concerned people from singles to families and of course everything in between like children and pets as well.

PM me for the exact time and location if you plan to be in attendance

Return to “British Columbia”