Fukashima Radiation

Blackknight88

Fukashima Radiation

Post by Blackknight88 »

So It's finally here on or coastline..President Obama said there was no worry of it getting this far.
The radioactive material is supposed to linger for about 6 years. Some experts are saying 1000 years for some of the contaminants.
Will we see a rise in the cancer rate?
What about the marine life on the coast?
Makes me a little nervous about stocking up on canned seafood's.....

What are you thoughts people?

The prudent see danger and take refuge but the simple keep going and suffer for it...
Perfesser
Canada

Re: Fukashima Radiation

Post by Perfesser »

Shouldn't be a problem unless you're ingesting it. Remember all the open air nuke tests of the 50's?
I haven't been buying any Pacific fish at all for a couple of years now. No farmed fish of any kind.
Small fish are less of a problem than larger ones that eat smaller fish, they'll accumulate toxins of all sorts.
Apparently seaweed is particularly good at accumulating radiation.
Blackknight88

Post by Blackknight88 »

Thank you for your insight Perfesser

I eat a lot of seaweed with my sushi!!lol
As far as the cesium 134 and 137 are concerned...I was watching a video online yesterday from 2011, where a lady was saying that the amount released from the reactor and or the cooling towers or both amounted to 1000 times that of the Hiroshima bombs. If that is in fact the case, it would be far more than all of the testing done in the 50-70's...The engineers at the power plant have only in the past week devised a way of stopping the waste water from the damaged cooling tower from leaking into the ocean by building a curtain drain of sorts. They call it a trench.

Here is the link if anyone is interested...It's entitled, Why I'm Leaving Vancouver British Columbia...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT6ZCxzW8K4
The prudent see danger and take refuge but the simple keep going and suffer for it...
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Kinda long past but there have been detailed reports of both 134 and 137 in the Harrison bay area. Tidal waters of a minor degree, the Harrison bay/river do have a constant outflow and Im sure by even reading levels there its pretty bad. It would either have to go up river or be coming down the hills. Either way not good Im sure. We are being inundated with the fallout you can bet. I think I heard those reports right around summer of 2014 so we are well into it.

One of the best things I think we can do is go for the heavy metal detox. There are many things we can do to help, and being proactive is right up there IMHO
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)
The Island Retreat
Canada

Post by The Island Retreat »

Potassium iodide, spirulina, and chlorella would fall under proactive, and relatively cheap. Just do your research on which type of P.iodide (KO) you should buy at the health store.

At this point, a Geiger counter at the produce counter might be a good idea, save for the strange looks you might get:)
Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.
Blackknight88

Post by Blackknight88 »

The term sheeple is appropriate term here. Very few people care.
The Island Retreat
Canada

Post by The Island Retreat »

They'll care once their thyroid blows up. For now, 'head in the sand style' cognitive dissonance is the order of the day.
Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.
Syn

Post by Syn »

We take supplements to ward off effects but I have been watching http://radiationnetwork.com/ and I have to make this point, the first few days when fukushima was hit I started watching this website and an average days radiation report would be between 8 - 12 for background radiation near the south coast of BC , now it is on average 34 - 44 . This level of background radiation is on par with places with nuclear materials storage or nuclear power plants throughout north america. Only we have never had nuclear power generation here .
It is hard changing your diet, but a must , and it changes your culture when you have been raised harvesting shellfish and seaweed and fishing here on the coast. I find it a very hard shift but neccessary to start eating more land raised food in ones own backyard . We would not have these levels of background radiation without risk of ingesting radiated particulate in our water , off our own garden crops , from the fodder our meat animals ingest so these levels having risen this much should be alarming .
Blackknight88

Post by Blackknight88 »

How bout the 15,000 dead sea lions in the news? They cant figure out what's killing them off. No one wants to even contemplate that it could possibly be radiation killing off their food source. The more the parents have to look for food,the more stranded pups there will be. They say that this mortality rate will affect an entire generation. I say this is just the beginning.
They can blame it on El Nino's or viruses or even overpopulation but the proof is in the pudding. Fukushima is still pumping toxic waste into the Ocean and if there is another quake in japan our ocean is done....
There are many water storage tanks sitting there waiting for the next shake.
They should be pumping it all out and relocating it.

Here is the sea lion link if anyone is interested.

http://enenews.com/alarming-numbers-150 ... aves-video
thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown »

Blackknight88 wrote: They can blame it on El Nino's or viruses or even overpopulation but the proof is in the pudding.
Are there any reliable sources of information backing up this concern? The websites provided are questionable...a lot of conjecture.

I'd be interested in knowing more about how Fukishima is effecting the West Coast. But having some problems finding anything on the net that is reliable...
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

Return to “British Columbia”