Fraser Valley Meetup

Screedcrete

Fraser Valley Meetup

Post by Screedcrete »

Fraser Valley Meeting on Febuary 28th at 10am at the Whatcom Rd Tim Hortons off #1 Highway in Abbotsford. Pretty sure I will see some new faces out there and I look forward to a good coffee and chin-wag. You can PM me if you like you or simply show up. Ill be sporting a Tilley hat that resides on the table for ease of reference :)

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)
ndn

Re: Fraser Valley Meetup

Post by ndn »

howd tthe meeet go?
Thank you

NDN
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Hello sorry for not getting back sooner.

Well there were folks whom said they were going to show and may have stayed in the distance under wraps as that has happened before I believe. Then there were a few that showed up and were not anticipating swinging by nor let me know and they were there so we had a gentle meeting and I enjoyed meeting up. One thing I have noticed myself is there seems to be a lack of meeting content,…. from my perspective, and although I am supposed to lead and set the tone it has become more apparent that it doesn't take this groomed approach because we are all sorting ourselves out with the others both mentally and such. I did have a few topics to touch on and therefore to keep the " gentle" approach we just had a good talk. Afterwards myself and another went over a few things of interest as in the Hamm radios and some other supplies/equiptment.

A few of us should be getting together this next week as well as some others are in from out of town. One of the things I believe is important is having ties in other areas other than our own. As I say some may be here on a holiday or I may be there for a holiday and nobody knows if and when it turns from a slow roll to the SNAP the could! Either way it pays to have ties around the corner as well .

I also said prior that I have some ( what I would consider sound) club structure that might prove quite useful in the end but I am only willing to share these things in person. Right now I am developing an outline on paper and I would be happy to share with those in the circle with a hand out for much better information. As a single dad with spring fast approaching I have been over the top busy with the little odds and ends I gather for the momentum of spring. So I WILL get it together and share at an upcoming meeting.

We could have just got a bulk order of grass fed Bison for a good deal. I did but we could have gotten all we wanted or needed and can next season as well. Also have lines on grass fed beef. I would like to personally attract more food planning and sharing. equipment sharing, work sharing for projects and possibly more.

No membership
No ongoing commitment
No personal info

Cheers! :D
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Meeting up with members today to share some goods purchased. I have been working at finding new members and I have sat down with some certain individuals that I have been long acquainted with. Although I focus around my immediate area I also focus on other areas as well. These members are family orientated and bring some great qualities to the group. Having a well diversified group with tradesmen and woman is as good as any and its not until we start to sit down and share, that the power of positive people show its TRUE colours.
Projects on the go are revolving around communication, food procurement and water. I will doing some concrete work for one of our families in Mission (free labour) that will help them fulfill some of their concerns around the home for a few different reasons and I am very happy to help them out. For me the reason for the group is to not only to help provide support, ideas, labour, materials, networking BEFORE an upheaval, but to have that same network of people shift into a Plan B should the need arise. This is the way I myself would consider entering another group of people. The before AND after.
Toni

Post by Toni »

This sounds like a good approach. I'm new to the group, live in Vancouver and likely have some skills to contribute. Would be willing to attend meetings, workshops, work parties or whatever when circumstances allow. Will you be having another meeting?
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

Hello Toni. We will undoubtedly be having another get together quite soon. I understand all are busy and will do my best to come out with plenty of time here so that some of the others can fit it in to their calendar. Some of the folks I have met have had absolutely great skills to share. Its always amazing to me when I meet these like minded people as there really IS a common thread woven pretty deep. It would be great to hook up with you for a coffee or something before and I can give you more insight on the intended flavour so to speak. We have had outings at local parks, java huts, Lakeside for overnighters and mountaintops with packs building debris shelters. We can help with plant sharing, group buys, etc.

If anyone is interested at all just PM me here and we can get something going. Spring is here, :D
heavychevy

Post by heavychevy »

I am not sure how to PM at this point but I would like to hear more about your gatherings in Chilliwack and we would try to make it down to one if we could.

Return to “British Columbia”