Mb preppers meeting

racs333

Re: Mb preppers meeting

Post by racs333 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 am

if were going to be laying out equipment and stuff, we need someplace not public. a garage or a park, or a private corner somewhere, walking around with knives and gear might draw some attention that might make some uncomfortable, that and i would need a bit of space to empty mine.

Chekmate

Post by Chekmate » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Afternoon! racs333,

If we pick the right place and there is enough of us coming. We can just tell the proprietor what we are doing. I don't think it would be a problem as long as everyone purchases something more than a coffee.

Chekmate

westshield
Canada

Post by westshield » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:18 am

Your outside of town too? I'm in Springfield how bout you? I used to live down the street from the Thirsty Duck. I always wanted to go there, but never did.
I wonder though, like what Racs said, about pulling knives from our bags and such in a restaurant.
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca

Chekmate

Post by Chekmate » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:23 am

I'm in Lockport. You're just on the other side of the river. I've never been to the "Thirsty Duck". I just did a google search for restaurants in EK area. Henderson Burger maybe better for us. They have a back area and don't open until 9am. I can't see that many people coming at 9am on a Saturday for a burger. We can give them a call with how many of us are coming and what we would like to do. If we each spend ten bucks or so I think they would have a problem with us being there and showing are BoB's

Chekmate

westshield
Canada

Post by westshield » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:22 am

The Thirsty Duck is a little Chinese restaurant. I don't imagine it would be busy there either. But ya the burger place sounds good. I did just discover that the Winnipeg Library's offer free 'tutorial rooms' and free meeting rooms for ot for profit groups. I don't have a Winnipeg library card, as it would probably cost me money. Bu I do have a Springfield library card which is in Dugald.
Racs, do you have a Winnipeg card? Perhaps we can plan to meet at a library? I should be able to get a church kitchen but it might not be necessary until we're actually doing some cooking type stuff.
There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

Chekmate

Post by Chekmate » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 am

My wife has a card for the new Selkirk library. If we want to meet there I can check if they have a room we can book.

Chekmate

westshield
Canada

Post by westshield » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:00 am

Selkirk might be a little farther than some may like. For us three, I don't think it's too far. I found my old Wpg library card, but it sure if it's valid. I'm going to library on Henderson on Monday.

Chekmate

Post by Chekmate » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:32 am

The Henderson Library should work. You may want to check to see if they are open Easter Monday.

Talking about Easter. Happy Easter to you all and your families.

Chekmate

westshield
Canada

Post by westshield » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:35 am

Ya, i'll give them a shout on monday, Being governemnt, your right, thye might not be open.

Thank you very much Chekmate. Happy Easter to you and your family as well.

Also, i've put together a "prepper beginners guide" Something to help someone (or even us who may be along in our preps) to keep track of things with keep a reference booklet of sorts.I'd like to get your guys input and opinions on it. I can email it to you if you send me an email at ryan@westshieldoutpost.ca I'll send it to you.

Chekmate

Post by Chekmate » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:08 am

Evening! Westshield,

I printed the "Prepper Beginners Guide" you made up. What I've read is good. A few typo's. I'll let you know what I think when I finish.

Chekmate

Return to “Manitoba”