How's this Manitoba winter been treating you all?

westshield
Canada

How's this Manitoba winter been treating you all?

Post by westshield »

How's everyone's Manitoba winter been? It's been stupid cold all bloody winter...even for Manitoba. Got some mylar packing done, but otherwise not a whole lot else other than work.

We did have a good power outage in cooks Creek for a full day. Came home to a pretty cold house. Got the wood stove fired up asap, got the oil lantern and candles out. The kids and I loved it. Like camping at home. I am so glad I my my wood stove completed last summer though.

There are more people prepared for a zombie apocalypse than a week without electricity.

To fix that check out www.westshieldoutpost.ca
Protector
Canada

Re: How's this Manitoba winter been treating you all?

Post by Protector »

I haven't mylar bagged yet but I'd like to try it one day. Nothing like having a wood stove to keep your family safe. I don't know how much experience you have with stoves but using dry wood: clean chimney and shop vac stove and chimney whole when cool or twice a year when using green wood. We had it real rough here too. -47c with the wind one night and 8-15 extreme cold warnings. No doubt the summer will be real cold with frost nights mixed in... part of me thinks an air conditioner will be necessary even in zone2 like me soon.
Mooswa
Canada

Re: How's this Manitoba winter been treating you all?

Post by Mooswa »

Spring is finally here where I live in Manitoba. Was out on the ATV today and you can just barely get down the bush trails, but still some pretty good snow drifts in places and had to winch out of a couple. :) We also had some -50C and colder with the windchill a few nights during the winter. Went through more firewood than normal this past winter. Time to start cutting and getting it in for next winter. Think I will cut a couple of extra cords...just in case.
Let no good deed go unpunished.

Return to “Manitoba”