Greetings. New user here.

Telco
Canada

Greetings. New user here.

Post by Telco » Sun May 20, 2018 4:28 am

Hello Manitoba! Just signed up minutes ago. Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Winnipeg, and I consider myself a prepper. I am interested in hooking up for some bug out practice, and equipment vetting. Among other things. I have a young family, and scheduling could be difficult, but please keep me in the loop for any events. I would also consider forming a go group if personalities mesh.

About me, I am a jack of all trades, master of none. I work in industry and know hand and power tools. I know basic electrical, bushcraft, fishing, shooting, camping, basic wild edibles. Basic hand to hand skills. I was a certified first responder for 5 years (long since expired, but have a current St. John's ambulance cert.) I know radio scanners, shortwave, but not HAM. I love cold months, and have reliable cold skills/gear.

I have a long list of things I would love to learn, train, and aquire.

So this is my message in a bottle...

Anyone out there?

Clarence
Canada

Re: Greetings. New user here.

Post by Clarence » Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Telco wrote:Hello Manitoba! Just signed up minutes ago. Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Winnipeg, and I consider myself a prepper. I am interested in hooking up for some bug out practice, and equipment vetting. Among other things. I have a young family, and scheduling could be difficult, but please keep me in the loop for any events. I would also consider forming a go group if personalities mesh.

About me, I am a jack of all trades, master of none. I work in industry and know hand and power tools. I know basic electrical, bushcraft, fishing, shooting, camping, basic wild edibles. Basic hand to hand skills. I was a certified first responder for 5 years (long since expired, but have a current St. John's ambulance cert.) I know radio scanners, shortwave, but not HAM. I love cold months, and have reliable cold skills/gear.

I have a long list of things I would love to learn, train, and aquire.

So this is my message in a bottle...

Anyone out there?
Greetings from ontario. Bless you for liking the cold! You have an edge over me, who hates it. Enjoy the board

farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal » Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Welcome to the board! Glad to have you join us. Join in and visit with those across Canada, it will help folks get a feel for ya and make them more open to contacting you if they are local.. it tends to take folks a bit to warm up..

also as a side note, you need to have at least three posts on the board before folks can send you a private message if they want to introduce themselves to you privately :)
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Telco
Canada

Post by Telco » Sun May 20, 2018 5:06 pm

I take a while to open up too, but that was my whole motivation for joining the board. I want to make some real world contacts in or near Winnipeg.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Welcome and greetings from the east coast!
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

Return to “Manitoba”