What have you added to your preps this week?

ratdogmom
Canada

Re: What have you added to your preps this week?

Post by ratdogmom » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Well I gave husbandface a pound of pink preserving salt (Prague Powder) for Xmas and he gave me a new dehydrator...fancy square Nesco one.
So that's our newest preps additions.

I'm the lady you're stuck behind in the grocery store with the over loaded cart filled with cases of tuna, peanut butter, huge bags of rice and the weary looking husband

thelorax
Canada

Post by thelorax » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Picked up some of the last needs for our get-home/ bug-out bags:
GI can openers
folding shovel

Santa brought me another pair of flannel lined work pants and a fur-lined hat for to keep me warm when tending the stock.
Mrs. Lorax got a new sling for her SKS
Picked up yet more candles at dollarama- I love these candles. 6" candles- about a 6 hour burn time. 5 for $1.25- do you think 200 candles is enough?
Getting ready to can some bacon today.
Also have to hit grocery sales- 8kg of rice for $10!!

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:57 pm

A new Husquvarna Chain Saw....and a Cord of wood ready for the stove.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:46 am

A few more medical supplies for the stash.

I bought some spare parts for some of my firearms (springs, firing pins, extractor, etc)

Purchased a paper log maker... So I've got a mess going on in the backyard after Mrs HP shredded tons of old papers from the filing cabinets (like 1996 tax papers and purchase docs from 3 houses ago) apparently we are paper hoarders!). So, took all the tiny shreds that didn't fly in the wind and scattered around the backyard and filled up 2 pails with what was left from not littering the backyard. Have them soaking in water for a few days. Wondering what the finish log (logS hopefully!) will look like once done and dried.

Bought some kerosene additive that is supposed to help burn cleaner and without kerosene smell. Also got a spare wick for the kero heater (don't need it around here, but might come handy once we get back to Canada!).

Got a pack of 4 "survival" (or C-ration?) can openers, one for each vehicle's GHB, one for the storm box and one for my EDC bag.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Moved all my ham gear to one place and now I have an actual "shack", comms center, whatever you want to call it.
Picked up another UV5R along with hookup wire, extra connectors & adaptors, etc. for the radio go bag...no more checking the bag...just grab and go!
I continue to upgrade the home security system...lots of eyes and ears around the property now, but I still haven't caught a snowy owl on cam!

HopeImReady
Canada

Post by HopeImReady » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:42 am

I just made a triple batch of soap - lemon & grapefruit :) Now that I have my PAL, I am starting to accumulate ammo and some other gun accessories - the actual rifle itself is still a work in progress - meeting with a guy next Friday to buy it :)
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

razerp

Post by razerp » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:50 am

Today I have been scoped X2, had blood taken, a cat-scan, an iron infusion, poked for cannulas (managed to get a decent one) and been in at least 8 different treatment or procedure rooms.

And all of that leads to going back on Tues next week to talk to the Surgeons.. I have Bowel Cancer. They are very confident that it can be gotten pretty easily.
I won't know when I go in until after Tuesday and I don't have more details.
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:44 pm

razerp wrote:Today I have been scoped X2, had blood taken, a cat-scan, an iron infusion, poked for cannulas (managed to get a decent one) and been in at least 8 different treatment or procedure rooms.

And all of that leads to going back on Tues next week to talk to the Surgeons.. I have Bowel Cancer. They are very confident that it can be gotten pretty easily.
I won't know when I go in until after Tuesday and I don't have more details.
Glad it was caught and the outcome sounds positive. Doesnt take away from all the intrusive testing and surgery...but best wishes to a speedy recovery!
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

Adagio
Canada

Post by Adagio » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:52 pm

I will second that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

henry

Post by henry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:44 pm

RAZERP I am big believer in prier and I am preying for YOU.

Henry

Return to “Ontario”