Ebola now in United States

PrepHer
Canada

Ebola now in United States

Post by PrepHer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 am

FYI the first case ever of ebola in the USA has been confirmed by the CDC - it's the same strain as the one in Africa that kills 50% of those who contract it. If you're not quite prepared, get ready! The spread of this could have serious consequences for everyone in North America. See another thread viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5320
This is an interesting article of the consequences of curbing trucking due to a pandemic, etc. http://www.trucking.org/ATA%20Docs/What ... 0Stops.pdf

woodbooger
Canada

Re: Ebola now in United States

Post by woodbooger » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 am

I can't shake the feeling that with the U.S throwing all these experimental, untested "treatments" at this thing to save their citizens, all they will accomplish is the mutation of a super-bug. As if it can get any worse!

Ontario.Jon

Post by Ontario.Jon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Drugs don't cause viruses to mutate in unpredictable ways. All that happens is, with too much exposure, the disease becomes resistant to that specific drug. The term "super bug" is usually used to refer to a disease which has become resistant to the drugs commonly used to treat it. Building up resistance like that is inevitable, if we're going to use these drugs at all, but we can make our drugs more effective for longer by limiting our use of these drugs to times when someone is actually sick. This is why you shouldn't use anti-microbial soaps at home... they allow various types of germs to become exposed and therefore resistant to the drugs we would otherwise use to fight them when they're actually making someone sick.

But to refuse to treat someone with a drug because you're worried the disease will become resistant to that drug is foolishness... as you can apply that logic indefinitely and never use the drug -- in which case, the disease might as well have been immune to the drug to begin with,

Assiginack

Post by Assiginack » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:06 am

Just putting this out there for those who might be interested. Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) would be a very good thing to have on hand and taken every day just to keep the "insides" as clean as you do the "outside". Doing some research on DE is advised. DE is very inexpensive and can be given to animals as well to keep them healthy. While I don't know for sure, it would seem logical that DE will keep toxins out of the body as well as virus and bacteria. I am also guessing that homeopathic remedy Lechesis mutus (made from Bush Snake venom) might be of use in the event someone has contracted ebola. I put this thought out because when bitten by the Bush Snake the venom makes the body bleed out,,, so, on the premise in homeopathy that "like cures like" it would seem logical that this remedy should work. I have placed an order for it to add to my store of remedies.. just in case.

As well, taking mega doses of vitamin C has been suggested, because the ebola virus "TOTALLY" depletes the body of Vit C. I dabble in healing, both energy and natural and find there are many cures existing in our own back yards. Wild Rose "hips" are supposedly the highest in Vitamin C and can also be used as food.

Many years ago I felt we would be coming to a point where medical help would be hard or even non-existent to get. I have been preparing for the last 14 years for this event. It would seem from the current events that my "intuition" might just be accurate. Although I hope not....

On my own property I have wild weeds growing that are valuable and effective medicines for various conditions. Our Creator has placed around us, cures for every medical condition we might experience, we only have to be aware.

Another "must have" in the medicine cabinet would be Iodine to supplement that which we are pretty much all deficient in. This again, a person should do research on this essential mineral to familiarize themselves with its benefits, which are numerous and important.

Mule Skinner
Canada

Post by Mule Skinner » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:28 pm

For vitamin C soaking the flowers from stag horn sumac in cold water for a few hours.
It makes a lovely lemon aid like drink
Gotta run got a coon to skin for supper
[b]We live in a society of wolves ,
We can't fight back by creating more sheep[/b]

Joe_O
Canada

Post by Joe_O » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:06 am

There was a patient at the hospital here in Thunder Bay Ontario being tested for Ebola on Thursday night. Fortunately the test came back negative.

Knuckle

Post by Knuckle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:27 am

Joe_O wrote:There was a patient at the hospital here in Thunder Bay Ontario being tested for Ebola on Thursday night. Fortunately the test came back negative.
Now your making me nervous as this is in my neck of the woods. How am I gonna outlive all these urbanites if folks bring such crap almost to my doorstep? :?

Salvida

Post by Salvida » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:13 pm

EDMONTON - Isolation protocols put in place at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, within EMS, and at the University of Alberta Hospital for a patient with a “potential contagious illness” were lifted Monday.

In a statement, Alberta Health Services spokesman Kerry Williamson said “specific infection prevention and control protocols” are no longer required.

“Enacting these protocols was not something done lightly, and we are confident the protocols worked well to minimize any risks to staff and physicians,” Williamson said.

The protocols were enacted after the patient came to the attention of health officials in Edmonton on Saturday morning.

AHS did not comment on the patient’s diagnosis, whether the person was being evaluated for Ebola infection, or on the person’s history or why the isolation protocols were enacted.

“To protect patient confidentiality, we will not be providing further details regarding this case,” Williamson said Monday.

Williamson previously said there was no risk to the public. The patient was immediately triaged and placed in isolation and did not spend any time in an emergency department waiting room, he said.

The emergency department of the Royal Alexandra Hospital was shut down for about 4-1/2 hours last month after a patient who had travelled to Africa showed possible Ebola symptoms.

At that time, senior medical officer of health Dr. Gerry Predy said he thought the public could be “reassured that if a case of Ebola does appear in Alberta that our staff will be on it.”

Ebola was ruled out in that case.

According to information released by AHS at that time, health care workers in Alberta have been told to watch for patients with a fever of 38.6 C or higher, and those who have travelled or lived in infected areas such as Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.

Posters had also been put up asking patients to tell nurses where they have travelled recently.

What bothers me the most is that they are withholding information. I understand that they don't want panic within the city but do we not have the right to know what's going on?

ottawa613
Canada

Post by ottawa613 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:17 am

Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) is warfare against internal parasites in the digestive tract.

It works because it is made of the tiny, sharp-edged exoskeleton shells of microscopic organisms that lived millennia ago. It is mined from the ground and made ready to do its job tearing to shreds those pesky parasites.

Mainly a remedy for worms in livestock and pets, it can also be used against roaches. The roach relies on a waxy film to seal his exterior, DE scattered around kitchens tears holes in the coating and the roach dies.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fail, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

ottawa613
Canada

Post by ottawa613 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:04 am

On the subject of pandemics, a quick review.

1732-33 World-wide, very severe, number of deaths unknown.

1781-82 Originated in China, spread to India, Europe and North America

1800-02 Hit Europe, Asia, and South America

1830-33 Started in China and spread world-wide. High mortality rate in England.

1847-48 Spread from Russia to Europe to North and South America.

1857-58 Europe, North and South America

1889-90 World-wide Asiatic flu with enormous loss of life, especially in Germany

1918-19 World-wide flu. 2 percent of the world's population killed, more than died in First World War

1946 Asian flu, world-wide

1957 Return of Asian flu

1968 Hong Kong flu

All things considered, we've become very complacent due to our success with medicine. Since the Hong Kong flu, the density of the world population has doubled.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fail, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Return to “Ontario”